Pages:
Author

Topic: Proof of the ownership of BitCoins during a Divorce - page 3. (Read 479 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 56
Seems like something you should go over with your lawyer or accountant.

I don't have an account with AltTracker, and I've never used it so I'm mostly just going on what I see on the website, but it looks like AltTracker only tells you the value of your portfolio. I don't think you can actually store any cryptocurrency with them, and unless they know your crypto addresses, i.e they know exactly how much of each cryptocurrency you own, the value of the portfolio might not be accurate.

So basically, if AltTracker 'knows' how much bitcoin you have because your husband said he has 3 btc, that's not exactly definitive proof that he has 3 btc. Definitive proof would be him having access to a custodial account that contains 3btc, or him having access to private keys that can spend 3btc.

My advice is to find out and write down exactly how much of each cryptocurrency you/your husband own by referring to your wallet application, or any exchanges that you or your husband used to trade crypto.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 524
From what I know the court will accept all types of proof.

If your portfolio is something like this https://alttracker.herokuapp.com/portfolio/419 you can take a screenshot and provide a link to allow them to access the tracker.

You can even record a video of you opening the program and accessing your account.

If the evidence is admitted the value of cryptocurrencies will be added to your marital properties.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
My husband and I are separated and going through a divorce. He put the most of our money into Bitcoins and other small cryptocurrency.  He has a Portfolio with Alt Tracker, and we both have an access to it.

How to provide a copy of his (ours) portfolio for a legal matter?
It is very important to the future of our 4 children and myself.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Pages:
Jump to: