Pages:
Author

Topic: [Proposal] Make a system for newbies to pay a fee for creating a sales thread. - page 2. (Read 436 times)

legendary
Activity: 3682
Merit: 4469
If users utilized the multiple number of forum escrows available, or didn't try to buy shady goods from shady users, we wouldn't have the need for any of this anyways.   You think making them pay a 2 dollar fee is going to stop them from trying to scam? Why would you blindly send money to a user without protecting it? Bottom line, take precautions when trading or buying.

Entering fees for placing advertisements may result in a significant reduction in adverts - people generally do not like paying for similar activities, and the limitation such opportunities to certain ranks (in my opinion low level like member will be enough) should be enough limitation to reduce spam / scam ...

You would have to limit it to staff only. All other account ranks can be bought for a few bucks.
Activity: 714
Merit: 611

Maybe instead of introducing fees, limit posting in some boards for users with certain ranks, for example a member or higher, or possibly copper (which in fact will be close to your idea).

Entering fees for placing advertisements may result in a significant reduction in adverts - people generally do not like paying for similar activities, and the limitation such opportunities to certain ranks (in my opinion low level like member will be enough) should be enough limitation to reduce spam / scam ...

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
I am very active in the marketplace area and I don't think this is necessary and would just keep people form participating period. The mods do a good job in the marketplace section. We are aware con artists use multiple accounts, they can hack and buy them too, so this fee would stop nothing.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 596
We all know how the marketplace section is messed up every day by newbies creating daily new accounts for the intention of scam and also when one of their accounts gets red painted, they creates a new one. Maybe a criminal mind individual has tons of accounts. Aren't we unintentionally supporting this?

Why not create a system for newbies to pay a fee upon creating a sales thread specifically for Goods, Services, Lending, Auction, Currency exchange boards and Marketplace (alt)?
If possible, include Marketplace otherwise, they will start creating threads in this section.

Please share your opinions on this matter. I think a lot of criminal minds will run away and won't come back again.

I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed before. Please refer to that thread if it has been discussed. I will lock this thread immediately.
Pages:
Jump to: