Pages:
Author

Topic: Proposed Altcoin Chargeback System for Businesses - page 2. (Read 2973 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Best coin. This would stop hacker and scammer.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Just floating an Idea.

One of the main concerns put forth from the mainstream economists concerning the viability of any altcoin becoming a full fledged, "legitimate" currency is the inability to cause  chargebacks, debit reversals, or refunds. Let's say that you buy something online and pay with an Altcoin but fail to receive what you payed for (ex: pre-ordered BFL ASIC Miners). Well, you want your product/service or your money back. As it stands now, unless the "legitimate business" voluntarily returns your altcoin to you, you're basically screwed.

(and how can you prove you were the one who sent the altcoin to them in the first place seeing as how all transactions are "anonymous," but that's another topic for a different thread, me thinks)

In learning how to set up miners via config for both pooled mining and solo mining, I noticed something interesting: anyone can remotely connect to their wallet on their home computer via the rpcallow port from anywhere in the world. There's a bit of technical stuff concerning just exactly how anyone can do this having to do with how to write the config and accessing it via json-RPC (http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/152472-bitcoin-json-rpc-example/). And most Wallets have a Debug Console that will list all the commands it will recognize, including the ones I found particularly interesting:
   sendfrom [minconf=1] [comment] [comment-to]
   sendmany {address:amount,...} [minconf=1] [comment]
   sendrawtransaction
   sendtoaddress [comment] [comment-to]
   walletlock
   walletpassphrase
   walletpassphrasechange

Here's a Chart I made that explains how it could possibly maybe work. Again, I'm no expert programmer, but I do understand the concept of Open Source.
And here's the text from the diagram, incase it's not easily readable:

Private Wallet
How it Works:
     Exactly as it does now.

Business Wallet
    How it Works:
  • 1) Certain parts of the wallet.conf are compiled into the wallet-qt.exe and walletd.exe, specifically the parts that allow for Remote Access/Authorization.
  • 2) Addresses can be created but not deleted.
  • 3) Whenever the wallet.dat file comes online, it automatically announces it’s presence to the Authorized Chargeback Agency (ACA) and all Public Keys, Private Keys, Addresses, and Pass Phrases are forwarded to the ACA.
  • 4) A % of all Incoming Transactions are placed in ReserveBalance for a certain period of time, after which they “mature” into accessable funds.
  • 5) BUSINESSES that want to legitimately/lawfully accept Altcoins as payment are REQUIRED to obtain an “Altcoin Acceptance” License AND use a Business Wallet issued by the ACA.

(Don't know how to actually upload/embed an image, so I just did what I could. Right click on image icon and open in a new tab to see it, apparently)

https://plus.google.com/photos/118387477645076019105/albums/5937152897864088273/5937152924890438034?pid=5937152924890438034&oid=118387477645076019105
Pages:
Jump to: