Pages:
Author

Topic: Proposed ETF rejected by SEC - great news for the market! - page 2. (Read 332 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲

Right you are! But SEC is going to reject it as well knowing that physical bitcoins will be bought for that ETF. How can SEC let fiat money coming to bitcoin market? That will not serve their purpose of blowing us dry! So they will keep delaying the proposals until they win over the newbie emotions. That's a badass game. Market had reacted to their decisions earlier and there's no sign that it will not react again! One thing we need to understand that, we don't need them, instead they need us! Also all of these proposed ETFs are build for institutional investors and not for common people like us!

This is something else, your theory is that SEC is refuses BTC ETFs for reasons to prevent fiat flow in crypto market? But each of these investors who may invest in BTC through ETF, can do it today in other ways. Also I do not see any greater effect of ETFs on BTC price, it still hold above 6000$ and it is like that for long time. On first rumors about ETF price has risen to 8000$, but only for short time - for me whales manipulate with price and make some profits. Same as yesterday 400$ up and shortly down after that, pure manipulation.

I agree that we do not need them, but there is also no way to stop them to one day BTC ETF become live. It may be in few months, or maybe in few years, some say they will never allow something like ETF for BTC.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
As some of you may already know about it, that SEC finally rejected the ETF that was proposed by Proshare Capital Management LLC. The rejected came in today and SEC released the official document confirming the same.

SEC document Link: https://www.sec.gov/rules/sro/nysearca/2018/34-83904.pdf

Now my point is that, it is actually good for the market. The market was living on a false hope and SEC finally pulled the plug out. No more false hope will certainly help to recover the market. Newbies were excited about the news of ETF without knowing the fact. Let me point out a few for noobs.

1. The proposed ETF was meant for institiutional investors and not for common people like us.

2. The underlying asset for the proposed ETF was CME future contracts. No physical bitcoins were proposed to be purchased resulting zero impact.

3. SEC used your excitement to control the market price of bitcoin to some extent. With every delay announcement, market took a dip because you guys thought this ETF will be a great addition to the market. Wrong!

Now the ETF has been rejected by SEC, please don't let your emotion to ruin the market. The less numbers of regulated products around crypto, the better! The decision will help the market survive without intervention of SEC. So rejoice and cheer!

SEC is rejected proposals from ProShares, but also at the same time from GraniteShares and Direxion. Before that they rejected Winklevoss ETF also, and all of these proposals have not actually had a real chance. Only ETF that should have some impact on BTC price is from VanEck SolidX Bitcoin Trust, and this ETF is BTC physically-backed, so if big investors buy shares in fund they need to be backed by real BTC.

It is true that this is for big players, but if they decide to invest in BTC, market will react with price increase. Many would like that BTC ETF never happens, but there is no way to stop interested parties to continue submiting new proposals.

This story is far from over, next "big date" is September 30 - new date for CBOE VanEck SolidX ETF, but probably it will be rejected again and postponed for December or even next year.

Right you are! But SEC is going to reject it as well knowing that physical bitcoins will be bought for that ETF. How can SEC let fiat money coming to bitcoin market? That will not serve their purpose of blowing us dry! So they will keep delaying the proposals until they win over the newbie emotions. That's a badass game. Market had reacted to their decisions earlier and there's no sign that it will not react again! One thing we need to understand that, we don't need them, instead they need us! Also all of these proposed ETFs are build for institutional investors and not for common people like us!
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
As some of you may already know about it, that SEC finally rejected the ETF that was proposed by Proshare Capital Management LLC. The rejected came in today and SEC released the official document confirming the same.

Now my point is that, it is actually good for the market. The market was living on a false hope and SEC finally pulled the plug out. No more false hope will certainly help to recover the market. Newbies were excited about the news of ETF without knowing the fact. Let me point out a few for noobs.

1. The proposed ETF was meant for institiutional investors and not for common people like us.

2. The underlying asset for the proposed ETF was CME future contracts. No physical bitcoins were proposed to be purchased resulting zero impact.

3. SEC used your excitement to control the market price of bitcoin to some extent. With every delay announcement, market took a dip because you guys thought this ETF will be a great addition to the market. Wrong!

Now the ETF has been rejected by SEC, please don't let your emotion to ruin the market. The less numbers of regulated products around crypto, the better! The decision will help the market survive without intervention of SEC. So rejoice and cheer!

SEC is rejected proposals from ProShares, but also at the same time from GraniteShares and Direxion. Before that they rejected Winklevoss ETF also, and all of these proposals have not actually had a real chance. Only ETF that should have some impact on BTC price is from VanEck SolidX Bitcoin Trust, and this ETF is BTC physically-backed, so if big investors buy shares in fund they need to be backed by real BTC.

It is true that this is for big players, but if they decide to invest in BTC, market will react with price increase. Many would like that BTC ETF never happens, but there is no way to stop interested parties to continue submiting new proposals.

This story is far from over, next "big date" is September 30 - new date for CBOE VanEck SolidX ETF, but probably it will be rejected again and postponed for December or even next year.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
People hoped for this event that will bring the market rise again but I personally understood it on how it can impact to the small people like us who thrives on bitcoin. I've watched a person discussed on how this can make the decentralized market becomes a semi because of this interaction.

Many are misinformed with this and all they think is that ETF is the only hope for bitcoin to rise and reach again its next all time high. But still there's another hope for them as some proposals were delayed until September.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

Did this actually happen? I know a few people were upset by the delays and the eventual rejection, but I never really observed any significant market reaction besides the initial one that bumped prices up to $8k.

But yeah, people waiting for an ETF approval shouldn't hold their breaths. Here is a roadblock that probably cannot be addressed in the near future:

Rather, the Commission is disapproving this
proposed rule change because, as discussed below, the Exchange has not met its burden under
the Exchange Act and the Commission’s Rules of Practice to demonstrate that its proposal is
consistent with the requirements of the Exchange Act Section 6(b)(5), in particular the
requirement that a national securities exchange’s rules be designed to prevent fraudulent and
manipulative acts and practices

There are other ETFs pending for approval if I remember correctly, and if the SEC can be at least a little consistent with their rulings, they're going to get denied as well.
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
As you said this is actually food news for the investors they will realize that in long term and also now they will lose their false hope that the price will dump or bump due to their desicion,I hope now the investors will back to normal conditions as to invest based on the current market situation
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

Pages:
Jump to: