Pages:
Author

Topic: pros and cons of bitcoin vs USD as global currency - page 2. (Read 384 times)

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
Pros? Off the top of my head, Bitcoin becoming the global currency would make anyone who's holding even a meager amount of coins rich. One Bitcoin could easily be worth millions of dollars with the entire global population sharing only 21 million. There's also the fact that everyone will be able to access a convenient, secure, and decentralized currency that they don't need to entrust with banks.

I honestly don't think there's a significant con, but we're obviously very far from that with a lot of roadblocks ahead. Bitcoin can't handle that many transactions, for one. Transaction fees could also be bigger than fiat exchange fees. There's also the fact that none of that even matters if we can't get adoption. But yeah, we'll see. It seems to me like we're slowly inching our way there.
Activity: 770
Merit: 268
A global currency is the great way to rule the trade world. That is why we see there are countries fighting(not literal war)  with each other for dominance over global currency status. The countries like USA or EURO or China have their currencies which have acceptance across the world. In current world trade scenario, US dollars single handedly most significant global currency. It has maintained that status since last century.
In modern world, a revolution named bitcoin happened in world of economics/ currency. Now bitcoin is already on its way to become the global currency. However it is that path is way more long that expected. Bitcoin has the required potential and the push from investors to become the global currency. Still there are certain cons which bitcoin developers need to take care.

What do you think the pros and cons of bitcoin becoming global currency compared to the USD which is already there.
Pages:
Jump to: