Pages:
Author

Topic: Prosecution to use Caroline Ellison notes as evidence against SBF - page 3. (Read 526 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
I can't believe this dumbass thought it was a good idea to leak his girlfriend's diary which is now being used as evidence against him. What was he thinking?  Roll Eyes

Anyway, he's in jail now at least, and it's likely that he'll get sentenced to even more jail time when this court trial is wrapped up.

Too bad for the kid to have mixed himself with the worse crime organization. Somebody has to fall anyway and it wouldn't be Carol nor Gensler or anyone else from the ones SBF had bribed. SBF used to have access to media where he can be interviewed and even attend conferences, it is different this time. 

The SEC is, indeed, the worst crime organization. Mess with them, and you will get ripped apart  Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 589

Suddenly this story changed a lot and it seem like Caroline is throwing SBF under the bus. Plea bargain for Sweet Caroline while SBF takes the fall after all the people will still be blaming him for what happened to the funds under his watch.

You wouldn't blame her though. It's as if she's suddenly realized how mixing with SBF was such a bad idea. If I was him, I'd gladly do as she did by cooperating with the prosecution and pleading guilty rather than prolonging the whole issue. From what we know, she is his principal accomplice even though there are others.
 The way I see it, if they (the prosecution) decide to dig up some his dirty dealings, it wouldn't end there and he should stop acting like he was accused for something he didn't do.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270

Suddenly this story changed a lot and it seem like Caroline is throwing SBF under the bus. Plea bargain for Sweet Caroline while SBF takes the fall after all the people will still be blaming him for what happened to the funds under his watch.

You are right. But considering she'd be testifying, that can count as something. Granted, he can deny these sayings as just mere sayings on her part, but a personal diary can contain relevant evidence which can be discoverable. Her notes seem to detail meetings with herself and SBF where he disclosed some issues about the company to her and this can serve as evidence, right? Well I'm not an expert. I guess we'd find how it all went down

This is another news story. In the US, there are 2 types of lawsuit. In the first version, Sam Bankman-Freed agrees with all the charges, cooperates with the authorities, and the trial takes place in a fast procedure with a minimum sentence. If Sam Bankman-Freed refuses, and agrees to a jury trial, then if found guilty, he may receive a long prison sentence or be acquitted. The jury will decide whose testimony is more honest.

Too bad for the kid to have mixed himself with the worse crime organization. Somebody has to fall anyway and it wouldn't be Carol nor Gensler or anyone else from the ones SBF had bribed. SBF used to have access to media where he can be interviewed and even attend conferences, it is different this time.  

Do you think that this guy did not understand that he was engaged in criminal activities, as a result of which many people and commercial organizations lost their money?
But to be honest, he still has a chance to get a small prison term.
I think that he is still needed for high-profile revelations before the US elections, so his criminal case is in progress.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612

You are right. But considering she'd be testifying, that can count as something. Granted, he can deny these sayings as just mere sayings on her part, but a personal diary can contain relevant evidence which can be discoverable. Her notes seem to detail meetings with herself and SBF where he disclosed some issues about the company to her and this can serve as evidence, right? Well I'm not an expert. I guess we'd find how it all went down

This is another news story. In the US, there are 2 types of lawsuit. In the first version, Sam Bankman-Freed agrees with all the charges, cooperates with the authorities, and the trial takes place in a fast procedure with a minimum sentence. If Sam Bankman-Freed refuses, and agrees to a jury trial, then if found guilty, he may receive a long prison sentence or be acquitted. The jury will decide whose testimony is more honest.

legendary

Does notes such as personal diary can be use as evidence to a case? Since everything that listed in there is just a personal opinion the owner(Caroline) which makes it a hearsay imho since that is not SBF actual hand writing or anything that will prove that SBF really did it unless there's a picture and proper documentation to support what it's stating.
You attached too a wrong source. Probably, you mean this article https://decrypt.co/152650/prosecutors-use-caroline-ellisons-personal-notes-evidence-against-sbf
Thanks. I've fixed it.
legendary
Did the US Department of Justice collect little evidence on this fool?
The problem here is that these 2 main drug addicts and their team did not act independently, and they had their patrons in higher authorities. Therefore, next year we will see even more vivid rhetoric of some American politicians before the elections.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 593
When life gets hard BUY Bitcoin!
Does notes such as personal diary can be use as evidence to a case? Since everything that listed in there is just a personal opinion the owner(Caroline) which makes it a hearsay imho since that is not SBF actual hand writing or anything that will prove that SBF really did it unless there's a picture and proper documentation to support what it's stating.

You attached too a wrong source. Probably, you mean this article https://decrypt.co/152650/prosecutors-use-caroline-ellisons-personal-notes-evidence-against-sbf
 Fresh trouble looms for former FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried as prosecutors seek to use the personal notes of sister trading firm Alameda former CEO, Caroline Ellison as evidence against him..
 The prosecution intends to present into evidence some handwritten and typed notes that Ellison had maintained to keep track of the conspiracy's activities, also citing notes from previous meetings that discussed the financial health of Alameda and it's liability to FTX.
According to the prosecution, these notes are to memorialize info supplied to her to provide a reference to help carry out her role in the conspiracy.
 Just last week, he was arrested after the US DOJ discovered that the gag order placed against him to avoid making statements that might obstruct a fair trial was not enough.
Sam looks to be in deep shit as Caroline, who used to be in a romantic relationship with him would be one of the key witnesses against him.
 Her notes also offer insights to the day to day operations of the allegedly fraudulent activities at FTX and this includes a recording of Ellison in a meeting on Nov 9, 2022 two days before FTX and Alameda filed for bankruptcy.

Personally, I think this issue has lingered for far too long and hope this new evidence should see him cooling off in prison for a very long time for mismanaging the funds of both investors and users.

https://decrypt.co/152650/prosecutors-use-caroline-ellisons-personal-notes-evidence-against-sbf
Pages:
Jump to: