Pages:
Author

Topic: PSA: How to create a good Project Development Thread - page 2. (Read 971 times)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
thecryptocurrency.directory
You deserve my merit for this one, this is one of the things that lacks on so many projects, they do not have a timeline about how their project come about, and good interaction for their potential investors, a new developer should see this thread for reference.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 125
www.positivebetting.com
This is a helpful idea for the would be project announcement creator and it is quite detailed.
Your information belongs to Meta section if i am not mistaking, try to move it.

I am going to leave it here so that when people come to this section they might see it and click on it before making their own thread.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 275
This is a helpful idea for the would be project announcement creator and it is quite detailed.
Your information belongs to Meta section if i am not mistaking, try to move it.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 125
www.positivebetting.com
How to create a good Project Development Thread

OVERVIEW: I have seen so many threads that are either "ANN" which are not allowed in this section, or threads that are simply links that don't offer any useful information. So I have decided to make a simple guide to make your threads more interesting and useful.

Description: A description of the project you are working on should contain information as to what the project is all about. You can give information on the background of the project and people that are involved if that is public information. It is often helpful to add information on your role on the project as well so Bitcointalk users know if you are an owner or just excited customer.

Development Timeline: A Development Timeline is an excellent way to keep users in the loop on the development side of your project. A timeline can include updates that you are planning, or can be a list of updates on your project.

Example:
Jan- We launched our website
Feb-
2/2/19 We are almost done creating our product.
2/19/19 We launched our first product
Mar- We received our first customer
Apr- Website Updates
May- Over 1,000 customers
Jun- We are getting ready to launch our second product
Jul- We are accepting ETH as a payment in addition to BTC
Aug- We are now able to do business in Canada
Sep- We have reached over 15 employees
Oct- New office opening in FL USA
Nov- We are growing our customers
Dec- NA

This is very helpful because it shows users who may have just stumbled on your project, all the advancements you have made. It can also show users who are following your project waiting for it to launch the new updates that will be coming soon etc

Helpful Links: It is always a good idea to have a hyperlink of your website, or information on where people can learn more. However this should not be the bulk of the thread, you should have quality information about it.

User contributions:  Explain to users how they can help your project. Maybe you are small and want to hire developers or other positions, so if you are then you can explain the help that you need. Maybe you want to call users to sign up for a newsletter to be notified when your project is life, and that they can help by sharing your project on social media.

Engaging the community: You want the community to engage with your project and ask questions. So you will want a nice section explaining that if anyone has any questions to ask, or give them an outlet to ask questions.

Pages:
Jump to: