Pages:
Author

Topic: [PSA] WARNING: HOW TO AVOID MASTERNODE SETUP SCAMS - page 2. (Read 414 times)

Activity: 268
Merit: 119
Unsophisticated or unskilled people better not risk it with running full masternodes. It's a hassle of running and securing them and yet your coins are in constant risk. Think about shared/crowdfunded/managed masternodes if you don't have the skillset to admin your wallets.

Not true at all. There's nothing risky about it and setting it up is quite easy. What constant risk are you talking about?

Constant risk because your coins are on a server that's connected to the internet 24/7 with open port, there are cracker programs running all the time scanning for servers and trying to crack their login, not to mention 0-day attacks (altho less likely)
Activity: 269
Merit: 0
no one knows of this
Activity: 700
Merit: 1
SetupMasternodes.com
There are people getting scammed left and right because of giving up their access to the masternode. I highly suggested users who do not know how to setup a masternode that you seek help from the community. Make sure to never give access. NEVER.

I lost count how many times people in Discord DM'd me asking to help them set up and offering full remote access etc. None of them realised how crazy this was, some didn't believe me even after being told to never do this.

oh my. These people need to be careful man. It is just like giving someone the keys to your home, and saying, "I'll be right back. Please don't steal anything."
Activity: 621
Merit: 108
There are people getting scammed left and right because of giving up their access to the masternode. I highly suggested users who do not know how to setup a masternode that you seek help from the community. Make sure to never give access. NEVER.

I lost count how many times people in Discord DM'd me asking to help them set up and offering full remote access etc. None of them realised how crazy this was, some didn't believe me even after being told to never do this.
Activity: 621
Merit: 108
Unsophisticated or unskilled people better not risk it with running full masternodes. It's a hassle of running and securing them and yet your coins are in constant risk. Think about shared/crowdfunded/managed masternodes if you don't have the skillset to admin your wallets.

Not true at all. There's nothing risky about it and setting it up is quite easy. What constant risk are you talking about?
Activity: 1
Activity: 269
Activity: 700
Merit: 1
SetupMasternodes.com
WE ADVISE: you should NEVER ALLOW anyone access to your server or masternode wallet (with or without Remote view).

There are reports coming in that people will hijack coins when you least expect it.

Author Magvie wrote: "Learnings from being scammed for 70,000 USD"
He was scammed through Discord when a stranger offered to help him setup his masternode.
https://steemit.com/zcoin/@magvie/learnings-from-being-scammed-for-70-000-usd

We created a service called SetupMasternodes in collaboration with the Crypto Dragon team to assist in the demand of the masternode space of crypto. We do not need any access to setup your masternodes!
The SetupMasternodes.com team created an ANN thread about the service: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/setupmasternodescom-diy-we-teach-you-linux-and-how-to-setup-your-mn-3213738

Please discuss if you've been in a similar situation or what your thoughts are on this topic
Pages:
Jump to: