Pages:
Author

Topic: Public Adresses - when do they start to exist? (The art of coin destruction) - page 2. (Read 1503 times)

Activity: 803
Merit: 500
thanks

Is it possible to create a valid adress without the private key?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1087
Something I don't understand:

If I create I a brainwallet, I receive a public adress. Do I write the adress with this act into the blockchain (how??), or was the public adress there, before I created the brainwallet? Is every public adress availible to receive bitcoins, cause there's a limitation in possible public adresses, which can be calculated with the private key, so that it's impossible to type a valid public adress by randomly tipping?

(and do miner something like finding randomly public adresses?)

Simply speaking, all integers from 0 to 2^160-1 are valid bitcoin addresses. You can send bitcoin to any of these addresses. Miners don't know and don't care whether there is a corresponding private key for such address, until someone tries to spend.

(Read more at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Technical_background_of_Bitcoin_addresses . For example, my donation address 1CiZPrEJdN4FJcqdLdgVLzT8tgCXxT5ion is equivalent to the hexadecimal number 80857aaa19a17c0ef98fe525316ce131492a5c40)
Activity: 803
Merit: 500
Something I don't understand:

If I create I a brainwallet, I receive a public adress. Do I write the adress with this act into the blockchain (how??), or was the public adress there, before I created the brainwallet? Is every public adress availible to receive bitcoins, cause there's a limitation in possible public adresses, which can be calculated with the private key, so that it's impossible to type a valid public adress by randomly tipping?

(and do miner something like finding randomly public adresses?)

Pages:
Jump to: