Pages:
Author

Topic: Pump and Dump feelings - page 2. (Read 298 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 144
April 22, 2018, 05:29:47 AM
Well to me you didn't make a bad decision of taking your profit while it was still hot there in your face. As you said, profit is profit. Thus, waiting longer could either cause you some problems, you can be busy and forget to monitor it to where you expecting it before market reverses.

It looks like OP depends only in the price movements without studying the current trend. Yes profit is profit but you should be knowledgeable about trading so you will not miss the opportunity next time.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
April 22, 2018, 05:18:20 AM
The most epic p & d I have witnessed was that of Bitcoin Cash a few months ago. I feel sorry for all the people that fomo’ed in to buy the top  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
April 22, 2018, 05:13:47 AM
Pump and Dump trading is like gambling. if you want to gamble it’s better to go to las vegas and play bingo game.
You've been lucky this time, but if you keep maintaining this currency, you're probably going to lose your money.
Altcoin pump size is limited to some great news about it & Bitcoin price.
The price of the bitcoin has seen strong gains in recent days, but altcoin fail to be stored for value.
sell now
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
April 22, 2018, 04:55:22 AM

It was the first time that I saw a live pump \o/ it's pretty niice to see this kind of thing happening live  ;o

Your lucky to enter a market at a right time but sold in a hurry instead you should have sold partially and hold some coins for more time then you would have made more profit.

If you were in my situation what would have you made and why? what could be observed in cases like that which could help staying longer..

I always buy and sell in small quantities so I would have sold some at your price and some at a higher price or if markets went down then I would have bought some more with that sold money at a lower price.

you think that it is possible to meassure a pump size? it's pretty hard to know when it's going to happen, but what about how much time to stay in it?

No one can tell this accurately so you should start booking your profits whenever possible and come out from these pump coins ASAP. If not, you may miss selling your coins at higher prices and may need to hold these for a long time or may end up selling at losses.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
April 22, 2018, 04:11:08 AM
first of all now that you saw one pump in action you have to start thinking about what you really saw, what was the signs for instance and how can you predict it next time you saw one so that you can catch it quickly and enjoy the ride. this way you can make a lot of profit in short term and every day!

secondly you have to always learn to be satisfied with the profit that you get. for example if you got 6% be happy that you made a profit instead of regretting why you sold sooner than the ATH. you can never make the max profit ever.

you think that it is possible to meassure a pump size? it's pretty hard to know when it's going to happen, but what about how much time to stay in it?

not really but you can sometimes see when the pump is starting and is the fastest and also see when it is getting closer to the finish line.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
April 22, 2018, 03:57:20 AM
Well to me you didn't make a bad decision of taking your profit while it was still hot there in your face. As you said, profit is profit. Thus, waiting longer could either cause you some problems, you can be busy and forget to monitor it to where you expecting it before market reverses.
I think we dont have to fell afraid on pump and dump we need to overvome our fear on it, bit i can say apmetimes that there are a lot of people around that is lack of trust on bitcoin as it dump there will be a huge droping because everyone really afraid of the bitcoin to become zero value, who knows? I yhink we cannot blame oyr self to feel like panic.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 332
April 22, 2018, 02:37:02 AM
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
April 22, 2018, 01:38:52 AM
I don`t trade pump&dump altcoins,but I feel the same, every time I sell my bitcoins. Undecided
This month,I`ve made the stupid decision to sell most of my bitcoins at 6700 USD,and now the BTC price is going to 10K USD.The only altcoin I have is GRFT coin,but it`s current market price is way lower than it`s ICO price.Anyway,I guess that you just have to learn more about technical analysis ,so you could predict when the pumped coin will reach it`s peak.
Activity: 108
Merit: 1
April 21, 2018, 08:24:52 PM
Hey guys, I was tradin the ADX alt coin trying to buy at 10507 so after wait a little I did get my order filled.. after 10 seconds I saw price pumping...
The price stayed around 10600 ~ 10500 some time and then exploded lol It was pretty crazy to watch price getting higher in that little time..
After like 30 secs my order got filled and I did sell the coin for 11.200 resulting in like 6% of ROI  Cheesy I was like: WHAAT?!?! GOT TO TAKE PROFITZ HAHAH
After my decision of selling at 11200 price kept rising and went to 15k.. I could have made +30% easily but for some reason I din't.. but profit is profit!!

It was the first time that I saw a live pump \o/ it's pretty niice to see this kind of thing happening live  ;o

If you were in my situation what would have you made and why? what could be observed in cases like that which could help staying longer..
Pages:
Jump to: