Pages:
Author

Topic: Pump & Dump of cryptocurrency - page 2. (Read 1661 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
August 13, 2017, 02:10:10 AM
usually there are pump and dump groups that try to do this. how successful they are remains to be seen because they usually fail in the long term or fail because a bigger whale crushes them.

what they do is they start a dumb group and then spam-advertise it everywhere with false notions of "getting rich with altcoins" then they get subscribers (aka gullible people). these pumpers start buying some random small altcoin themselves first then tell those subscribers to buy what they have already bought and buy it over price.
i think you can guess what their next move is: dumping on those who are buying now.

BIDS are buy orders. people are "bidding" on something to buy it like an auction where you can place your bid at any price (not just above the last one).
ASKS are the sell orders. people are "asking" for a price to sell what they have.

Good opinion, very useful. I just know that pump coin prices rise high and dump coin prices down or down drastically.
But now I know a lot about what is a pump and dump. Thanks for sharing his knowledge
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
August 12, 2017, 12:19:49 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20074166

So many wrong answers and such an easy way to get better info. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pump_and_dump

"Pump and dump" (P&D) is a form of microcap stock fraud that involves artificially inflating the price of an owned stock through false and misleading positive statements, in order to sell the cheaply purchased stock at a higher price. Once the operators of the scheme "dump" sell their overvalued shares, the price falls and investors lose their money. Stocks that are the subject of pump and dump schemes are sometimes called "chop stocks".[1]

While fraudsters in the past relied on cold calls, the Internet now offers a cheaper and easier way of reaching large numbers of potential investors.[1]
Activity: 602
Merit: 259
August 12, 2017, 12:13:21 PM

Don’t really trust the pump dump groups. I have been on telegram few weeks ago but now it seems that it was mistake really. They are crazy people and most of the groups have people who never listen to what OP is saying. They will vote that they are going to pump one of the group but then no body really listens him and people who are with OP will invest their money immediately. This leads to chaos and everybody looses the money who tried to invest. So its not that much perfect system to earn the money and to be honest its waste of time. Don’t follow really, go with whatever you see as potential coin or trade.

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666
August 12, 2017, 12:02:00 PM
A lot pump and dump for the altcoins, that's the part of life of altcoin. If you ride on the good wave, then good profit.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 257
LuckyB.it is Back!
August 12, 2017, 11:57:03 AM
Hi,

It's a stupid question but I have to understand how things work.
I don't really understand what is the pump and dump of cryptocurrency, Could anyone explain?
Also what's the difference between "Bids" & "Asks" I have seen them in BTC live charts.

With my best regards Smiley

Bump: This is usually happens when the bitcoin adoption is increased or any implementation happen over the blockchain technology. This time people use to sell their bitcoins much and traders use to be busy in this time.

Dump: When we hold the continuously and it gets stagnated in one place or keep on other altcoin related ICO and projects been implemented means that time dump use to happen.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
August 12, 2017, 11:49:58 AM
usually there are pump and dump groups that try to do this. how successful they are remains to be seen because they usually fail in the long term or fail because a bigger whale crushes them.

what they do is they start a dumb group and then spam-advertise it everywhere with false notions of "getting rich with altcoins" then they get subscribers (aka gullible people). these pumpers start buying some random small altcoin themselves first then tell those subscribers to buy what they have already bought and buy it over price.
i think you can guess what their next move is: dumping on those who are buying now.

BIDS are buy orders. people are "bidding" on something to buy it like an auction where you can place your bid at any price (not just above the last one).
ASKS are the sell orders. people are "asking" for a price to sell what they have.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
August 12, 2017, 11:45:11 AM
Hi,

It's a stupid question but I have to understand how things work.
I don't really understand what is the pump and dump of cryptocurrency, Could anyone explain?
Also what's the difference between "Bids" & "Asks" I have seen them in BTC live charts.

With my best regards Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: