Pages:
Author

Topic: PYWallet Help - Dumping encrypted private key - page 2. (Read 8785 times)

Activity: 1252
Merit: 811
September 03, 2013, 02:52:14 PM
"Dump your wallet" does this and returns the result in JSON, "Dump you keys" returns a CSV file
Don't bother, just answer the following question and I'll tell you what to do:

How do you import private keys into Electrum? ie do you type the "fac86293d82838..." private key by hand?

I just click on Import -> Private Keys. Am i wrong?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1260
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
September 03, 2013, 02:39:41 PM
"Dump your wallet" does this and returns the result in JSON, "Dump you keys" returns a CSV file
Don't bother, just answer the following question and I'll tell you what to do:

How do you import private keys into Electrum? ie do you type the "fac86293d82838..." private key by hand?
September 03, 2013, 02:36:41 PM
Oh I see, I misread your post
You are trying to dump keys to a CSV, is it what you really want to do?
If not (or if in doubt), use "Dump your wallet"
If you really want to use CSV export, tell me and I'll tell you what to do

I need all private keys, including those of hidden change address, for importing my balance, addresses and history to Electrum.
As i'm trying to do here.
legendary
September 03, 2013, 11:36:11 AM
Oh I see, I misread your post
You are trying to dump keys to a CSV, is it what you really want to do?
If not (or if in doubt), use "Dump your wallet"
If you really want to use CSV export, tell me and I'll tell you what to do
September 03, 2013, 11:03:46 AM
What is written in the console?

2013-09-03 17:02:43+0200 [HTTPChannel,0,127.0.0.1] Wallet Dir: /home/simpic/.bitcoin
2013-09-03 17:02:43+0200 [HTTPChannel,0,127.0.0.1] Wallet Name: wallet.dat
2013-09-03 17:02:44+0200 [HTTPChannel,0,127.0.0.1] Wallet data not recognized: {'__type__': 'orderposnext', '__value__': '\x0b\x01\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00', '__key__': '\x0corderposnext'}
2013-09-03 17:02:44+0200 [HTTPChannel,0,127.0.0.1] The wallet is not encrypted
legendary
September 03, 2013, 10:46:00 AM
Hello,
I can't dump keys. I installed pywallet but when I click on "Dump Keys" (on web page) i get "File not written" error.
Maybe it happens because .bitcoin directory is a symlink. So i tried to enter the right path, but the same error occurs.
How can i solve this?

Thank you.

What is written in the console?
September 03, 2013, 10:38:21 AM
Hello,
I can't dump keys. I installed pywallet but when I click on "Dump Keys" (on web page) i get "File not written" error.
Maybe it happens because .bitcoin directory is a symlink. So i tried to enter the right path, but the same error occurs.
How can i solve this?

Thank you.
legendary
September 01, 2013, 05:02:09 PM
Bitcoin isn't running. I have full 777 permissions in that directory. If I rename wallet.dat to otherwallet.dat, and then run Bitcoin (to generate new wallet.dat file), then stop Bitcoin, then execute the exact same command, then it will work. Does this indicate a corrupted wallet.dat file?
Likely, try the wallet recovery feature on this corrupted file
would it also be possible that the file isn't matching something else contained in my Bitcoin data directory? I noticed that your program is reading the DB files and you should probably know that the wallet.dat file is not my own, its someone else's that I just plopped down into my data directory.
What DB files are you talking about? It should only read wallet.dat

Also, you may want to tell the user something before changing his wallet selection. When I went pywallet.py --walletdump --wallet=otherwallet.dat (the file I then renamed to wallet.dat) it just walletdumped wallet.dat because it couldn't read otherwallet.dat or something. That managed to confuse me a bit.
This is REALLY odd
This is not an expected behavior, nor something I ever heard...
Are you sure this is what is happening?
No symlinks?

I have no idea. There is a symlink, so I didn't have to put in the datadir param. But if I do the same thing setting datadir to go "around" the symlink, same thing is happening.
Ok... I don't see what can happen here
Would you mind sending me the corrupt wallet.dat (it's encrypted, right?) so that I can see what I can do on my side?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
September 01, 2013, 04:46:51 PM
Bitcoin isn't running. I have full 777 permissions in that directory. If I rename wallet.dat to otherwallet.dat, and then run Bitcoin (to generate new wallet.dat file), then stop Bitcoin, then execute the exact same command, then it will work. Does this indicate a corrupted wallet.dat file?
would it also be possible that the file isn't matching something else contained in my Bitcoin data directory? I noticed that your program is reading the DB files and you should probably know that the wallet.dat file is not my own, its someone else's that I just plopped down into my data directory.

Also, you may want to tell the user something before changing his wallet selection. When I went pywallet.py --walletdump --wallet=otherwallet.dat (the file I then renamed to wallet.dat) it just walletdumped wallet.dat because it couldn't read otherwallet.dat or something. That managed to confuse me a bit.
This is REALLY odd
No symlinks?

[/quote]
I have no idea. There is a symlink, so I didn't have to put in the datadir param. But if I do the same thing setting datadir to go "around" the symlink, same thing is happening.
legendary
September 01, 2013, 04:06:54 PM

This is REALLY odd
No symlinks?
September 01, 2013, 03:53:22 PM
EDIT: No, not a permissions problem. For some reason it refuses to use any wallet but my own. Can that error also happen because of a corrupted wallet or something? Here's what i'm getting, now that I've made the target file the wallet.dat file:

> pywallet.py --walletdump
WARNING:root:pycropto or libssl not found decryption may be slow
`ecdsa` package is not installed, pywallet won't be able to sign verify messages.

ERROR:root:Couldn't open wallet.dat/main. Try quitting Bitcoin and running this again.

September 01, 2013, 03:38:36 PM
Figured out problem, I was specifying a different wallet file, but for some reason (Huh) it was failing to open that file, so (I think?) it defaulted back to the normal wallet.dat file, and since my own wallet.dat file is significantly weird I managed to confuse myself. It appears to have just been a fancy permissions problem. Fixed now, sorry to waste your time.
legendary
September 01, 2013, 03:08:48 PM
This chunk comes from the "pool" part of the dump
There must be another occurence of "1ktfy4LrHRQ2bmLauCdstbgGJEpPa8Qm6" in the dump

Do you use the correct syntax for the keydump?
September 01, 2013, 03:06:18 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question which makes me look like an idiot, but I have been unable to extract the private keys from the wallet.dat file. I've been trying to use pywallet.py, but each time I do, I get the following:

{
            "addr": "1ktfy4LrHRQ2bmLauCdstbgGJEpPa8Qm6",
            "n": 101,
            "nTime": 1378059316,
            "nVersion": 80300,
            "public_key_hex": "03e9795fcadcba658da6550517bc239c8bcd86d00741c527533ffb22ac4474eb2c"
        }

There is no privkey section. When I try to go through the web interface to do keydump, I get "File not written". In fact all I can get to work is wallet dump. All of the other commands cause errors.

Any idea what might be causing this?
Pages:
Jump to: