Pages:
Author

Topic: [QRK] Noobproof VPS Quarkcoin All-In-One EZ Setup Script (updated) - page 2. (Read 40111 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
Can I just recommend something that *might* speed things up?

https://github.com/ilikenwf/apt-fast

It would require a few extra install steps, but it makes grabbing packages so much faster.

Matthew:out
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Gigawatt please can you make a linux step by step guide for solo mining quark with this cpu miner ?  also if you put your quark address in sig then people can donate them to you if they dont own prime or bitcoins

taken from quark thread
-------------------------------------------------------------
It's fast, I'll post then all in one place,

the source code:
http://stonefoz.myfastmail.com/cpuminer-quark.zip
the binary: please check if it loads the right libraries. "minerd-bin" is the real thing and "minerd" is a script to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH current directory. Who knows? you might already have libjannson installed.
http://stonefoz.myfastmail.com/cpuminer-quark-bin.zip
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Activity: 168
Misc stability/compatibility tweaks.

Now includes fail2ban by default to prevent brute-force login attempts.
You need to replace the A in the grep of the myinfo script

for addr in $(quarkcoind listtransactions | grep --color=never -o "A[A-Za-z0-9]\{32,35\}" | sort -u);

with a Q to get quarkcoin addresses.

BTW, after rerunning your updated script I cannot get any connections in a digital ocean droplet. Are the nodes working?

Thanks

Good catch, I've updated the script.  That's what I get for copy/pasting.

I'm not certain about the node list.  I haven't updated it since the initial script build.  It may no longer be needed, but to my understanding Quarkcoin always takes a while to find peers.
Activity: 145
You need to replace the A in the grep of the myinfo script

for addr in $(quarkcoind listtransactions | grep --color=never -o "A[A-Za-z0-9]\{32,35\}" | sort -u);

with a Q to get quarkcoin addresses.

BTW, after rerunning your updated script I cannot get any connections in a digital ocean droplet. Are the nodes working?

Thanks
Another minor update.  I've noticed that some hosting providers (DigitalOcean) occasionally result in a Kernel Panic on boot.

I've modified the script to auto-reboot in case of a kernel panic so mining can continue as usual.
Secondly, the swapfile will only build once.  Updates are as simple as re-running the whole script.
Minor updates today.

The script is now test and is Amazon EC2 compliant.
It also includes adding quarkcoin to startup.
Lots of updates!

Changes include pretty much everything from the primecoin script that's been added in the last two weeks.  That includes better ~/peek and start/stop scripts along with some cosmetic tweaks.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Great work now showing hashespersec
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
For ./myinfo i suggest to use this code, so mined coins will appear in the windows wallet, after you launch import.bat

Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo rem input your passphase > import.bat
echo rem read x >> import.bat
echo rem quarkcoind walletpassphrase "$x" 3600 >> import.bat
for addr in $(quarkcoind listtransactions "" 99999999999 | grep address | sed 's/address//' | tr -d '",:')
do
    echo quarkcoind importprivkey $(quarkcoind dumpprivkey ${addr}) >> import.bat
done
echo rem quarkcoind walletlock >> import.bat
echo rem unset x >> import.bat
#cat import.bat

To import keys need following:
1. add to quarkcoin.conf (in %USERPROFILE%/AppData/Roaming/Quarkcoin) an options:
Code:
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=quarkcoinrpc
rpcpassword=7BWF48i19zs1kpi28abjL94E1WCg1sW6ENkyBQ71QkqF
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
2. Start quarkcoin-qt
3. Put import.bat into the folder where quarkcoind.exe are placed on the pc with your main windows wallet and run it
* if your wallet are encrypted, you need to remove "rem" occurences from the import.bat before run it.

--

If you do not want to write private keys to file, there is a simpler script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
for addr in $(quarkcoind listtransactions "" 99999999999 | grep address | sed 's/address//' | tr -d '",:')
do
    echo importprivkey $(quarkcoind dumpprivkey ${addr})
done

You would need to copy-paste line by line output of ./myinfo to quarkcoin-qt debug console window on main wallet

--
* fixed: more that 10 addresses to show
Don't expect many blocks using a VPS given the high difficulty now. Also since the price is so low, I doubt if it is really profitable.

People said that about Primecoin too, but I'm looking at 5 minted blocks in the last ~24 hours, so I'm ok if you'd like to sit this one out.  Wink
Activity: 193
Don't expect many blocks using a VPS given the high difficulty now. Also since the price is so low, I doubt if it is really profitable.
Mining on 2 droplets for 18 hours. Nothing yet.
ps fu showing quark is running.

I'm hoping they fix getmininginfo in the future so it actually shows hashing speed.   Undecided
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Mining on 2 droplets for 18 hours. Nothing yet.
ps fu showing quark is running.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
with this script, i've hit 2 blocks overnight, so kudos Smiley
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
Well i am quiting this crap it has been running for 5 days on a i7 3770k and got not even one block

It seems looks like mining with minerd also not working ....
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
muchly appreciated this guide. Have it running my droplet now, will post back with results in 24 hours or so Smiley
Activity: 214
I am now running a 2Cpu Digital Ocean droplet. Will give status update in a couple of hours.
Pages:
Jump to: