Pages:
Author

Topic: Quadriga CEO Death - Real or fractional banking? - page 3. (Read 433 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 10
💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲
Indeed, for this information to be still vague, some people still suspect that this is only a falsehood made for an exit scam from the market. Try to see, someone tried to do an analysis with those wallet

https://twitter.com/tayvano_/status/1092439754849759233
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
Real or fake,this is ridiculous.250 million USD worth of crypto funds frosen because of the dead(fake or real,I don't know) of one man,who had all private keys.That's why we need decentralized crypto exchanges ASAP.
Wha't that question "Real or fractional banking?".This has nothing to do with the topic.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
Well i believe if he does fake his death it would be on major news. I think its real and thats what happen when only one person hold the private key in company and the think we learn its not good for company.
Cryptocurrency encryption also has its drawback and it is very serious. On the one hand, you need to keep your secret keys very secure, and on the other, there should be a mechanism for disclosing them to certain individuals in case of our death. However, we will never be ready for our death, and there will always be a loss of cryptocurrency. In this case, the lost $ 250 million in cryptocurrency is a very huge amount.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
Is this for real? Did this guy just fake his death and stole the money?

Or did he spent the money long ago and now they were practicing fractional banking?

The more I read, the more it seems like they had a fractional reserve. This post isn't conclusive, but it definitely points to that. The problem is analyzing cold storage wallets that aren't publicly identified can be much harder than with hot wallets, as one commenter points out.

This is terrible news. This may be a good opportunity for everyone out there who trusts binance or bitfinex or tether or whatever to just move your funds to your own wallets!!!

Is that what happened after Mt Gox went down in 2014? Or after Bitfinex was hacked in 2016 and customers lost ~1/3 of their balances?

People never learn. Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
snip-

That was already posted it here mate by Baofeng, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.49550744

Its sound like weird because even the family of Mr. Cotten(the CEO of Quadriga exchange) didn't show proof that his husband has died.
So, if that's true, why even his wife or family didn't know the private key of the cold storage of their exchange.

Well i believe if he does fake his death it would be on major news. I think its real and thats what happen when only one person hold the private key in company and the think we learn its not good for company.
Even if he assigns one of his trusted staff to hold the private key, so shady isn't it?

People do a lot of weird things. Remember back then, Binance's Changpeng Zhao, former CTO of Okcoin said the exchange backup private keys were held by CEO Star Xu’s non-technical wife and mother.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
snip-

That was already posted it here mate by Baofeng, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.49550744

Its sound like weird because even the family of Mr. Cotten(the CEO of Quadriga exchange) didn't show proof that his husband has died.
So, if that's true, why even his wife or family didn't know the private key of the cold storage of their exchange.

Even if he assigns one of his trusted staff to hold the private key, so shady isn't it?
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
https://bitcoinist.com/quadrigacx-death-funds-moved/
Quadriga CEO Death – Funds Moved From ‘Lost’ Cold Wallets

A company with legal problems; a mysterious death; missing customer funds. The QuadrigaCX story could have come straight from the pen of a hack Hollywood writer. Well now, the internet’s faithful crypto-investigators, claim to have found evidence of transactions initiated from the supposedly ‘lost’ cold wallets. The Litecoin wallets, at least.
Let’s Start With a Quick Recap

QuadrigaCX is Canada’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, although it has just filed for creditor protection, following months of transaction delays. Customers are naturally concerned about their funds, as all assets are temporarily frozen… supposedly.

-snip-
Unfortunately, explained Quadriga, and Cotten’s wife, Jennifer Robertson, the $250 million worth of cryptocurrency of customer funds is stored in cold wallets are not recoverable as only her dead husband knew the private keys.

Or did he spent the money long ago and now they were practicing fractional banking?

This is terrible news. This may be a good opportunity for everyone out there who trusts binance or bitfinex or tether or whatever to just move your funds to your own wallets!!!

Canada is a very serious country, with a very reliable financial system, and it happened there! With its largest exchange!! Imagine what can happen to a chinese exchange.
Pages:
Jump to: