Pages:
Author

Topic: Quality of a post - page 2. (Read 267 times)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315
April 07, 2021, 11:28:00 PM
From my observation I foun that most of the topic in Bitcointalk community we discuss today has already been treated, discussed for long time. People framed or interchange the words in a modern form.
You mean the topic is same but there are new or interchange idea but it still revolve on same topic right? You'll likely found a lot here in forum. What could we do? Some are like improving or showing their best opinion on certain topic. Actually it's not bad, as long as the first topic lacks the one that the new one that is being discussed. Or the first one is being abandon and needed an active thread for that. There are catches with it but there are moderators to oversee these. No need to worry about it. Plus you can do reporting if you noticed post like these.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 727
April 07, 2021, 09:42:13 PM

Quality of posts, involving mistakes = vocab, grammatical issues, bans. In the beginners & help, the sticky topic Newbies - Read before posting is here for newbies.

First, help me understand why you came to the forum? All of your posts are made up of one similar topic. Are you interested in cryptocurrency? Or are you most interested in creating the same themes? Don't get me wrong, but what is the difference between today's topic and this recent one?
To beg for merit.
Activity: 784
Merit: 100
April 07, 2021, 07:44:03 PM
Making a quality post isn't about how long the post is but how unique, helpful and useful the post is, In the forum you don't post just for posting sake, as a newbie your post wil get deleted if it doesn't meet the required standards of the forum, spend time In the forum learning and build your knowledge about crypto to be able to make Standard post and also be  able to gain merit from other members which are seniors in the forum, and also avoid spamming or copy and paste work which could eventually lead to account ban or suspension.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
April 07, 2021, 04:04:03 AM
First, help me understand why you came to the forum? All of your posts are made up of one similar topic. Are you interested in cryptocurrency? Or are you most interested in creating the same themes? Don't get me wrong, but what is the difference between today's topic and this recent one?

I'm using my time to read across the boards of this community because I understand that making unnecessary points here will lead the new users like me slide, so I notice that following the steps bit by bit will make all the beginners to develop nice in communication here, so through my findings I noted two things that we as beginner we have to concentrate on
A. Quality post
B.cross check work before posting.

This forum has long been giving good advice, which sounds like this: "Read more, write posts only when you understand that your post will be useful. If you have nothing to say, you better just keep silent."
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
April 07, 2021, 03:52:34 AM
<…> copying works online with prove of evidence like link that is connected to the work will not lead to ban , I have seen several posts with link.
Addressing this specific item, providing a link does, technically, as per the forum’s interpretative jurisprudence of it’s rules, avoid the chances of a post being banned for plagiarism. Nevertheless, link references should really serve the purpose of something along the line of:

-   Allowing readers to know where the core information of the post is derived from.
-   Allowing readers to further read on the topic through the references.

Copying a whole article, or even fragments, and adding a source link at the bottom, could be reported for being a low value post (not always, and mods may or may not agree). Unless it’s a really pressing matter (i.e. very important safety warning), the poster should have time to at least summarize, criticise, question, or write a versed opinion on the information, making the post his own, but including the references for the purposes depicted above within this thread. A simple copy/paste + link is generally a lazy attitude, with a pinch of being deceptive.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
April 07, 2021, 03:22:46 AM
Making a post without involving mistakes.
 This issue disturbed me alot, and I have to let my fellow beginner know that to overcome posting error, we have to pick correction by cross check our works before posting, because post are meant to read like twice before posting, I noticed this pinned post I read.
You are right, it is good to proofread what already been written before posting, also very good to still reread the content after posting, this can help to avoid making typo errors. But, newbies are just susceptible to certain type of newbie mistakes, like wrongly passing an information across in their posts, but this will certainly be corrected by established members. If the newbie can listen and make more research about bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies, he will surely also later become an established member.

Newbies are banned every month
 when I registered I started reading comments discussion and I found out that why people are ban especially newbies is because of copying already made articles online in place of their work. so through numerous reading it have  to come  to my skull that copying works online with prove of evidence like link that is connected to the work will not lead to ban , I have seen several posts with link.
Could you believe some newbies will not even read the forum rules at all, but just like to copy/paste and spam around, some are 100% plagiarists. That is why many of the newbies are banned if compared to other membership levels. 
Activity: 868
Merit: 38
Join hands and help me to grow everybody...
April 07, 2021, 03:12:43 AM
making a quality post
 Making a quality post does not required long paragraph, it's based on how meaningful the work is, so write a post especially newbie like me, I think we have to pass through processes, which is adequate research, observation and something that are different from the work of others.
From my observation I foun that most of the topic in Bitcointalk community we discuss today has already been treated, discussed for long time. People framed or interchange the words in a modern form.

Making a post without involving mistakes.
 This issue disturbed me alot, and I have to let my fellow beginner know that to overcome posting error, we have to pick correction by cross check our works before posting, because post are meant to read like twice before posting, I noticed this pinned post I read.

Newbies are banned every month
 when I registered I started reading comments discussion and I found out that why people are ban especially newbies is because of copying already made articles online in place of their work. so through numerous reading it have  to come  to my skull that copying works online with prove of evidence like link that is connected to the work will not lead to ban , I have seen several posts with link.

All these I have stated are my observation noted for the form since I found myself, as registered  member and I will like to learn from the people here to upgrade the level of interaction.
Pages:
Jump to: