Pages:
Author

Topic: Quant Network $QNT (Overledger) - Internet-scale Interoperability Protocol - page 4. (Read 1854 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
Not that much is known yet about Quants plans for "Interoperable Digital Assets", but my prediction is, it will be big:

In the last AMA (May 20) Gilbert Verdian said this about it:

"The 3rd phase of QNT is something we've been working on. It's to be used for the movement of Digital Assets across chains. QNT is a Universal Utility Token, providing access to the Overledger ecosystem and also to be used to pay for transactions and usage across chains. (....) We have clients we're working with in financial services that are moving digital assets internally within a permissioned network and want to be able to interoperate with other parties to recognise their digital asset on different internal permissioned chains."

And:

Q: We noticed on your site, that under the partners section, Nvidia inception program is listed. Can you elaborate
on what this entails, and how you are using this partnership to develop the ecosystem?

A: This is from our Trudera subsidiary, NVIDIA have updated to partnership to be Quant now instead. We're
exploring the convergence of AI and Blockchain and having a Universal Utility Token to provide access to data digital
assets across chains.

https://qntunofficial.com/amas/
Activity: 255
Merit: 1
One of the most if not, the most legit project out in the crypto space at the moment.

Very legit and it's quite unfortunate that it's not properly recognized. I've gained so much from it
Activity: 255
Seriously this project has been doing well for sometime now, I wonder why it's not among the top 50 cryptocurrencies in the coinmarketcap
legendary
"Announced today at BlockchainExpo. Our CTO, Colin Paterson has been elected the Chair of @Hyperledger Quilt to help create an interoperability stack. We’re integrating Overledger’s API and SDK into Quilt to support multi-chain interoperability use cases" - Tweet

Hyperledger is the biggest Enterprise DLT Ecosystem, with half of Forbes 50 Companies using Hyperledger!

So what is Quilt? Quilt is the "Interoperability Stack" within the Hyperledger Ecosystem. However, they were only able to achieve basic atomic swaps. The Quilt team met with the Quant team a few weeks ago.

Now, the CTO of Quant Network - Colin Paterson - has been elected as the Chair of Hyperledger Quilt. The team announced they will be integrating Overledger into the Quilt framework, essentially restructuring Quilt to utilise Overledger.

This will allow any of the current Hyperledger users and future clients to access the new Quilt stack (Overledger) and interconnect their platforms with other DLT; Corda, Quorum etc. This news is freaking huge! Imagine the traffic running through the Overledger system from this accomplishment, essentially cementing themselves as the Interoperability standard for Enterprise...

Oh and? Quant is sitting at 160 on CMC. :') These guys are making real moves - Enterprise "adoption" is here.

That's much bigger than most realize. I believe even in the community it's not totally clear what it means.

Couldn't agree more mate. People are sleeping on this news. Hyperledger ELECTED the Quant CTO to oversee Quilt, and then decided to let them integrate OVERLEDGER to just entirely replace it.

.... It seems the biggest Enterprise DLT ecosystem has already chosen the standard for interoperability?? .. Smiley Hmm

Gilbert Verdien just said this about Quant and Hyperledgers Quilt during an AMA on Telegram:

"Overledger is going to enable universal interoperability for Quilt. The past approach to interoperability was quite limited to ILP between RIpple and BTC and was a very specific use case. We're integrating Overledger's API and SDK to be the front gateways for Quilt to allow for Enterprise and Developers to be able to use different blockchains, protocols, taxonomies with ease to bring mass adoption and universal interoperability. This allows Overledger to widely support all the different use cases demanded by clients, enterprise and developers and bring mass usage of Overledger and Quilt to a broader market."

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
One of the most if not, the most legit project out in the crypto space at the moment.
Activity: 18
"Announced today at BlockchainExpo. Our CTO, Colin Paterson has been elected the Chair of @Hyperledger Quilt to help create an interoperability stack. We’re integrating Overledger’s API and SDK into Quilt to support multi-chain interoperability use cases" - Tweet

Hyperledger is the biggest Enterprise DLT Ecosystem, with half of Forbes 50 Companies using Hyperledger!

So what is Quilt? Quilt is the "Interoperability Stack" within the Hyperledger Ecosystem. However, they were only able to achieve basic atomic swaps. The Quilt team met with the Quant team a few weeks ago.

Now, the CTO of Quant Network - Colin Paterson - has been elected as the Chair of Hyperledger Quilt. The team announced they will be integrating Overledger into the Quilt framework, essentially restructuring Quilt to utilise Overledger.

This will allow any of the current Hyperledger users and future clients to access the new Quilt stack (Overledger) and interconnect their platforms with other DLT; Corda, Quorum etc. This news is freaking huge! Imagine the traffic running through the Overledger system from this accomplishment, essentially cementing themselves as the Interoperability standard for Enterprise...

Oh and? Quant is sitting at 160 on CMC. :') These guys are making real moves - Enterprise "adoption" is here.

That's much bigger than most realize. I believe even in the community it's not totally clear what it means.

Couldn't agree more mate. People are sleeping on this news. Hyperledger ELECTED the Quant CTO to oversee Quilt, and then decided to let them integrate OVERLEDGER to just entirely replace it.

.... It seems the biggest Enterprise DLT ecosystem has already chosen the standard for interoperability?? .. Smiley Hmm
legendary

Hey all again!

Quant revealed a new product: Quant Atlas. (Open Banking)

https://www.quant.network/blog/quant-atlas-interoperable-banking-through-cross-border-open-banking/

Another exciting update! Managing Director of Rockefeller Capital joining Quant's Board of Directors! Helping them to expand into the US.

https://www.quant.network/blog/guy-dietrich-managing-director-of-rockefeller-capital-joins-quant-networks-board-of-directors/
Hey guys, some exciting things to share!

Yesterday the team joined the Hyperledger Foundation!
https://twitter.com/Hyperledger/status/1110874108248547329

Today, the Hyperledger team were in the Quant offices to discuss how Overledger could assist their Quilt work!
For those of you who don't know, Quilt is the Hyperledger "interoperability" project, however, it has been quiet for a while and didn't make much progress.
Interesting to see one of the largest Enterprise Blockchain ecosystems coming to Quant for assistance...
https://twitter.com/quant_network/status/1111239064022331392

In before Overledger becomes the standard Hyperledger Interop solution Wink
legendary
Why is this so under the radar thus far? Top tier CEO and Tech team with so much already achieved and several many clients in the works with unlimited potential. Yet so little liquidity and low marketcap. What's the reason?

(...snip)

(...snip)

In the long run, the actual platform matters.
Hyping up are mostly for those empty projects. Their lifespan is usually short.
Deploying their technology is more important to attain its worthiness in the market.
And as you can see from their price chart, they are doing great. Starting from about $0.24 and now it's worth more than $3.
Very few coins or tokens can achieve this price range as most of them is in the declining stage.

Exactly. Can't agree more. One other thing I'm most impressed about is.. the communication. The CEO connects with the community every 2 weeks with an AMA session, it's almost like he chooses to get himself interrogated with all the tech/non-tech questions by investors. Got to know that he's been doing it every 2 weeks since almost a year. How many other CEO's would dare to get interrogated like this? That shows the confidence in their tech.

Very true, and even more important: They keep on delivering. I've found a lot of good (and even more bad) projects over the past years in this space, but even the best ones often had to struggle - a lot of delays and setbacks and so on. Quant is different until now, only moving forward without obvious problems while it seems obvious that they have much more in the pipeline than is publicly known until now.

Btw, I'm surprised that it's still that unknown. A good indicator is the Blockchain itself:

Only 2,597 addresses
https://etherscan.io/token/0x4a220e6096b25eadb88358cb44068a3248254675

legendary
Hey guys!

A community member has started to write a series of articles that help explain Overledger and how it fits in with DLT!

Part 1: https://medium.com/@CryptoSeq/quant-networks-overledger-part-one-blockchain-fundamentals-db7fdb43058a
Part 2: https://medium.com/@CryptoSeq/quant-networks-overledger-part-two-the-layers-of-overledger-ea23a7148af1?sk=93aa8840bb6b6d6c9bde6c0036d85535

It will be a 10 part series, so I will update it when I can! Thank you Seq!

Thank you, great read!
Activity: 23
Why is this so under the radar thus far? Top tier CEO and Tech team with so much already achieved and several many clients in the works with unlimited potential. Yet so little liquidity and low marketcap. What's the reason?

It is interesting how few people know about the Quant! The holders number is incredibly low in comparison to other projects. I would say a large factor of this is the bear market. People have stopped actively researching or being overprotective. We are still mainly traded on IDEX as well, which may also limit awareness. I expect in the coming months as Quant moves back into the top 100, more people will catch on!

I would also like to add to this, the team is very anti-hype in regards to the crypto community. It's mostly the community itself looking forward to various things and speculating that makes things more known.
The team itself is very business oriented and catering to existing businesses/governments/institutions to deploy their technology instead of hyping themselves up with other crypto projects.

Deploying their technology is more important to attain its worthiness in the market.
And as you can see from their price chart, they are doing great. Starting from about $0.24 and now it's worth more than $3.
Very few coins or tokens can achieve this price range as most of them is in the declining stage.

Exactly. Can't agree more. One other thing I'm most impressed about is.. the communication. The CEO connects with the community every 2 weeks with an AMA session, it's almost like he chooses to get himself interrogated with all the tech/non-tech questions by investors. Got to know that he's been doing it every 2 weeks since almost a year. How many other CEO's would dare to get interrogated like this? That shows the confidence in their tech.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

It is interesting how few people know about the Quant! The holders number is incredibly low in comparison to other projects. I would say a large factor of this is the bear market. People have stopped actively researching or being overprotective. We are still mainly traded on IDEX as well, which may also limit awareness. I expect in the coming months as Quant moves back into the top 100, more people will catch on!

I would also like to add to this, the team is very anti-hype in regards to the crypto community. It's mostly the community itself looking forward to various things and speculating that makes things more known.
The team itself is very business oriented and catering to existing businesses/governments/institutions to deploy their technology instead of hyping themselves up with other crypto projects.

Hey guys!

A community member has started to write a series of articles that help explain Overledger and how it fits in with DLT!

Part 1: https://medium.com/@CryptoSeq/quant-networks-overledger-part-one-blockchain-fundamentals-db7fdb43058a
Part 2: https://medium.com/@CryptoSeq/quant-networks-overledger-part-two-the-layers-of-overledger-ea23a7148af1?sk=93aa8840bb6b6d6c9bde6c0036d85535

It will be a 10 part series, so I will update it when I can! Thank you Seq!
Agree with that. I can see they wanted to get the product out first which they did, but I guess it's time for them to hire a marketing firm to get that bigger reach across the world.
They have hired a marketing person which is starting the end of this month. According to her description: "She's an award winning FinTech leader who's joining us from HSBC in a leadership position within Quant"
So i'm guessing we'll see some things in that regard soon.

Appreciate the responses! However, just to clarify. We are expecting two large new hires end of March.
- A new Head of Marketing and Communications, however she is from the UK Property company, Rightmove.
- The Award winning FinTech leader from HSBC will be filling a "leadership position in Quant".
Activity: 2
Agree with that. I can see they wanted to get the product out first which they did, but I guess it's time for them to hire a marketing firm to get that bigger reach across the world.
They have hired a marketing person which is starting the end of this month. According to her description: "She's an award winning FinTech leader who's joining us from HSBC in a leadership position within Quant"
So i'm guessing we'll see some things in that regard soon.
Activity: 23
Activity: 2

Pages:
Jump to: