Pages:
Author

Topic: Quantity theory of money and cryptos. - page 2. (Read 2869 times)

Activity: 261
Merit: 250
February 07, 2015, 11:38:14 AM
Why you need a quantum computer?
To process quantum operations? I dont think you can do it with binary computer.

What quantum operations?
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
February 07, 2015, 11:28:06 AM
To process quantum operations? I dont think you can do it with binary computer.
February 07, 2015, 10:00:18 AM
So the proposal is something like creating a new crypto which the amount is based on relative amount of fiat money, right? Hmm. Why do we need that? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose and concept of crypto of going against inflation. So if Fiat is printing more money, in effect the value of that crypto is going down as well. It's like building something new on something which is already flawed.

We don't want the inflation nor the deflation. We want a self-regulatory system. If you know the three parameters V, P and Q you can calculate the money supply:  M = (PQ) / V
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
February 07, 2015, 03:37:17 AM
I've been proposing this for years to be added to the Bitcoin mining protocol; although not being an economist, I didn't realize it was an actual theory. The problem is collecting the data statistical analysis. I wouldn't base the security on it, but the value could be denoted on the blockchain not as a measure of very manipulated markets, but actual coins in circulation.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
February 07, 2015, 02:38:25 AM
Yes, of course it's possible to base a coin off anything.  And now that you mention it I'm sure someone will.  But it only matters if the coin generates real value.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
February 06, 2015, 10:51:14 PM
So the proposal is something like creating a new crypto which the amount is based on relative amount of fiat money, right? Hmm. Why do we need that? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose and concept of crypto of going against inflation. So if Fiat is printing more money, in effect the value of that crypto is going down as well. It's like building something new on something which is already flawed.

The proposal makes no sense syntactically

QTM says that prices have a proportional relationship to money supply.

You use the formula to estimate the price based on velocity and supply.  Has nothing to do with how a currency is designed. It has to do with informing monetary policy.
Q7
Activity: 448
February 06, 2015, 10:10:45 PM
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
February 06, 2015, 09:46:40 PM
Is it possible to create a crypto based on the equation of the quantity theory of money MV = PQ?

This statement makes no sense.

Its like saying let's make a spaceship based on theory of relativity
February 06, 2015, 07:41:29 PM
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
February 06, 2015, 07:30:31 PM
You would need a quantum computer for it to be operation, unless you dont have the resources its kinda pointless.
February 06, 2015, 07:26:13 PM
Is it possible to create a crypto based on the equation of the quantity theory of money MV = PQ?
Pages:
Jump to: