Pages:
Author

Topic: Quantum Computer vs Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 2470 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 3
February 14, 2018, 09:28:37 AM
Quantum computer is not something you can build in your basement (for now). I am sure there are a few countries who already achieved this goal and probably have all the bitcoin private keys already. However, they are not telling anyone about this and never will. What's more important is that most cryptocurrencies are built on similar sha256 hashes, having all key-pairs is a job you need to do only once if you're using the same crypto-curve.
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 02:31:39 PM
According to scientists, the majority of modern cryptographic protocols that ensure the security of Internet transactions and financial transactions are potentially vulnerable to a sufficiently large quantum computer. To the services that are threatened by hacking, they also carried cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 156
Merit: 14
February 13, 2018, 02:00:05 PM
It could happen sooner than you think. Intel continues to develop quantum processors. During the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Intel announced that it had designed, manufactured and delivered its first experimental quantum processor with 49 qubits.
Fortunately it will take five to seven years before the industry can deal with engineering problems and probably 1 million or more qubits will be needed to achieve commercial relevance.
But from what I read, it would only be necessary to reach the 400,000 qubits to decrypt all the Bitcoin private keys.
Luckily the Bitcoin world will not be stopped and is already working on qBitcoin (quantum Bitcoin) to take advantage of the power of these computers to preserve the system.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
February 12, 2018, 02:23:17 PM
I read that it took several thousand years for quantum computers to decrypt a private key btc.....
Activity: 89
February 12, 2018, 01:10:38 PM
An international group of quantum boffins reckons Bitcoin could be broken by the year 2027.Right now Bitcoin actually has a little bit of quantum resistance built into it. As long as users are changing addresses with every new transaction -which is obviously recommended- then they mitigate the exposure their private keys to being cracked. The speed with which a quantum computer would need to break that key is insane for now as well. It would have to crack the key up between the time the transaction is signed and when it is packaged into a block. So dont worry about it in nearest couple years))
Activity: 294
Merit: 104
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
February 12, 2018, 07:52:34 AM
I heard that Quantum Computer can destroy bitcoin.
Is it possible?

Again read the FAQ of the main Bitcoin site. Quantum computers will never ever destroy Bitcoin. Period.
Activity: 65
February 11, 2018, 09:19:24 AM
Isn't Bitcoin (and Monero for that matter) already quantum-resistant?
Activity: 25
January 21, 2018, 03:31:22 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28577593 - this project found solution against quantum computer
Activity: 76
January 20, 2018, 06:11:56 AM
Yes, it can, but maybe hundred years again, or maybe faster than that.
Quantum computer technology maybe can grow fast, but you know Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency is also technology that also always growing
Bitcoin will die, but a lot of cryptocurrency with modern technology will survive, new algo will created and Boom Bitcoin crown will replaced by more secured and featured cryptocurrency
Activity: 1007
Merit: 279
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
January 19, 2018, 03:34:50 AM
Currently, quantum computers such as Google's D-wave operates at 2000qb/s, which is impressive compared to its predecessor, but still nothing close to the power required to crack strong encryption algorithms.

Right now, quantum computer are in their infancy, however in future, once competition increases, and machine learning algorithms can be applied in non-vector calculations, we'll see a new generation in computing power.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
January 19, 2018, 02:58:03 AM
Is it possible?

The current ones no but in future yes, if bitcoin doesn't change / upgrade.

I think bitcoin is now working for an innovation on how it can keep up with the new arising cryptocurrencies. We just have to put our trust to bitcoin because the deman is a factor of its price as well. In most remote countries that already have internet, there are just starting to learn about bitcoin and are interested in those.
Activity: 9
January 17, 2018, 06:16:03 PM
Is it possible?

The current ones no but in future yes, if bitcoin doesn't change / upgrade.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
January 17, 2018, 05:44:14 PM
The title reminds me of Quantum Mechanics which is complicated and I fail yet to grasp it fully. I do believe that Quantum Computer is not real, and even if it does exist, it will not be sufficient to destroy bitcoin. The latter cannot cease to exist because many smart people are backing it up.

As a matter of fact, the only thing that can destroy bitcoin; either the internet gets shut down or people stops using bitcoin, thus its value will cease to exist. Apart from the mentioned, I believe nothing can destroy it.
Activity: 58
January 17, 2018, 12:09:34 AM
On contrary, firstly, Quantum computers exist already (military, aviation, NASA, etc) and nothing happened to us, although our governments could destroy this network for so many times. Secondly, I heard that Quantum computers will make mining much faster, though you won't be able to steal private keys with it.
Activity: 42
January 16, 2018, 07:33:47 AM
I haven't heard much news of a quantum computer taking out Bitcoin or stealing some of its currency yet. Which is a good thing, but once it does happen god save the Bitcoin. Cryptocurrencies need to continuously find ways to protect their base so that this issue doesn't happen or reduce the chances of it happening often.
Activity: 56
January 16, 2018, 07:16:13 AM
Is it true that IOTA is the only crypto "quantum-proof"?
Just heard that in their bumph..
E

I think IOTA is only quantum resistant, quantum proof would be a whole level up (e.g., like the difference between products that are water resistant vs water proof).

QRL is another crypto that is quantum resistant; supposedly slightly more so than IOTA.

Is there any crypto out there that is truly quantum proof yet. Is all software only systems vulnerable?
Activity: 52
January 16, 2018, 04:56:07 AM
Is it possible?
No, on the grounds that the difficulty will naturally increment to coordinate Quantum Computer level capacities. So it will level out The income sans work in Bitcoin was made on the grounds that the common movement in cost was to the upside. Since it can go both here and there, mining will be significantly more troublesome.
Activity: 8
January 14, 2018, 03:17:00 AM
Yes it possible, as the technology keep evolving and changing. Currently quantum computing is still in the early stage but whos know, it might take some time to reaches the level that could possibly destroy bitcoin
Activity: 98
Merit: 26
January 14, 2018, 02:36:12 AM
Nothing is impossible, though.

If nothing is impossible, then "everything is impossible" is possible, in which case, nothing is possible.

how is "everything impossible" if "nothing is impossible"

shouldn't it be "everything is possible" if "nothing is impossible"?

it's not a paradox really, is it ?

It's a self-contradiction. See here. Specifically:

"In classical modal logic, a proposition is said to be possible if and only if it is not necessarily false (regardless of whether it is actually true or actually false);"

From this definition, "everything is possible" means "everything is not necessarily false", which is false, since there are necessarily false statements (contradictions). Thus, "everything is possible" is a self-contradiction.
Activity: 350
January 14, 2018, 02:30:25 AM
Quantum computing is computing using quantum-mechanical phenomena, such as superposition and entanglement. A quantum computer is a device that performs quantum computing, it is already existing but none of the issue that bitcoin will be destroyed by any kind of it and ability to attack bitcoin,et the private key from public key. However if you use bitcoin properly you are safe from the quantum computers because it have a ability to destroy bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: