Pages:
Author

Topic: Queen Elizabeth II's death may pose financial constraints for King Charles III - page 2. (Read 178 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
The death of queen Elizabeth has affected world activities and if I'm not mistaken, there has been over a thousand condolence messages from leaders over the world and even Kenyan president, Kenyatta declared a three day holiday of sorts to honor the late monarch.

Lol! Sending condolence messages are included in the protocol of the world leaders and that's why we have seen such things. It didn't effect the world activities in any way whatsoever. It could have an impact in UK itself but nowhere else! Kenya is not the world!

Every country in the world is facing a great challenge called recession. UK is a democratic country and the king and queen literally had no control on the policies of UK. They have a parliamentary committee to take care of the country. The King is a honorary post and it will remain that way. Financial challenges are different and there's no impact from Queen's death!

Activity: 2492
Merit: 548
8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!
Came across the amount required for the change of the throne. It is huge and the succession by Charles is marked to make a big change over each and everything, because for a long term of 70 years we everything is with Queen Elizabeth II. The change will happen slowly, and it is said that the currency will also have the change. In such a bad time it'll be a big suffering. However it looks like a to be done things.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
The queen died at a very tumultuous time not only for UK but also for the whole world. It'll be an exceptionally hard challenge for the King to make some decisions that can either make or break UK's short-term future, especially with all the necessities rising up in prices with seemingly no end. Also, the popularity of the idea that a monarch should still exist up to this day will also be put to test. A lot of people have expressed their disinterest in monarchy and wanted to abolish it since they think that the royal family is only eating up on the public's budget, and not really helping much when it comes to the country's state of affairs.

I'm not sure if you saw any videos on social media at the time but the royal family who flew back returned on commercial jets with other people on them instead of private ones which seems like an interesting change to have started (not sure if it's happened before though).

A step in the right direction, I should say. It can help save some money on their own coffers and perhaps re-align it to some other things that the royal household needs.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
I think there's going to be a bias change since two of the main signers of law have changed over the past week (both the monarch and the prime minister) but they seem like two people who might counterbalance each other. Charles will probably start trying to heavily push investments in green energy alternatives which would do something for reducing energy rates - even though most of the new government cabinet are in denial over the effects of global climate change and their contribution to it.

I'm not sure if you saw any videos on social media at the time but the royal family who flew back returned on commercial jets with other people on them instead of private ones which seems like an interesting change to have started (not sure if it's happened before though).
Activity: 784
Merit: 589
 The death of queen Elizabeth has affected world activities and if I'm not mistaken, there has been over a thousand condolence messages from leaders over the world and even Kenyan president, Kenyatta declared a three day holiday of sorts to honor the late monarch.
 Prior to her death, the United kingdom had had it's ups and downs financially and recently they are battling with energy concerns and it's not getting better because energy bill which was £1,971 per year will increase to £2500 by 1st October 2022

At present, the country is under recession and according to  economic experts, it was gathered that  they began experiencing such hard times from April and it went downhill from there. Now the queen has passed on and in her stead is her son, King Charles III who is the oldest king to be crowned in English History at 73.

With the country in deep recession and citizens struggling to meet up and cope on daily basis, will he be able to run with the baton she left for him or will UK experience more setbacks?
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-62504789
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/09/queen-elizabeths-death-comes-as-a-new-economic-era-for-uk-begins.html
Pages:
Jump to: