Pages:
Author

Topic: Question about bitcoin nodes - page 2. (Read 1519 times)

Activity: 142
Merit: 13
June 27, 2017, 04:43:53 AM
      Ohh, thank you. So basically:
      when a new node connects, it connects to a "master list server" (or many), requesting nodes, this will return a node list with many nodes? or one?
      Then the transaction will broadcast to another node, and than this another node broadcast this transaction to other, and so on, right?

And how many times a transaction go through nodes?
      And who updates this "master list server", everytime a new node connects there the "master server list" saves it as a new node?

Thank you very much!!
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
June 27, 2017, 04:13:26 AM
Hey Thanks,

but to whom get i connected?

To a central node? or to other peopple?

And for example, at the beggining of using bitcoins, when i download a wallet it should connect somewhere to get a list of nodes, right? a masternode or central server?

If not how do i get
"all of the nodes that it is connected to" ?
Peer discovery (the process of finding nodes to connect to) is a fairly complicated process.

When a new node starts up, it first connects to multiple DNS servers. These servers (there are 6 of them all run by different people) will provide the node with a couple of IP addresses for it to try to connect to. Those DNS servers are not necessarily nodes and do not provide a definitive list of all nodes on the network. They just operate crawlers which gather the IP addresses for many Bitcoin nodes.

If the DNS servers are unavailable, there is also a hard coded list of ~1000 nodes which the node software will go through to find connections. That list of nodes is gathered from the DNS servers by going through the list of all nodes that the server knows about and picking those nodes with the highest uptime.

Once a node has a connection to another node, it will begin building a database of available nodes. This is done by asking each node that it is connected to for a list of IP addresses that those nodes know about. That list is then added to a local database. From then on, every time the node starts, it will first go through its database of nodes trying to find some to connect to.

Lastly, a node may not necessarily use the IP addresses sent by the DNS seeders except for maybe 1 or 2 connections. This is because it will receive the IP addresses of other nodes from the first couple of connections and can then use that information to establish connections to other nodes which the DNS seeder did not give out.
June 27, 2017, 03:57:04 AM
When a transaction is broadcast, your node sends the transaction to all of the nodes that it is connected to. Then those nodes will send the transaction to all of the nodes that they are connected to. And so on and so forth until every node has heard the transaction. Your node is not actually broadcasting the transaction to everyone.

Hey Thanks,

but to whom get i connected?

To a central node? or to other peopple?

And for example, at the beggining of using bitcoins, when i download a wallet it should connect somewhere to get a list of nodes, right? a masternode or central server?

If not how do i get
"all of the nodes that it is connected to" ?
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
June 27, 2017, 03:50:32 AM
When a transaction is broadcast, your node sends the transaction to all of the nodes that it is connected to. Then those nodes will send the transaction to all of the nodes that they are connected to. And so on and so forth until every node has heard the transaction. Your node is not actually broadcasting the transaction to everyone.
June 27, 2017, 03:46:06 AM
Hello people,

i have a question, so in theory in there is no "central node" or "central server" where all transaction go through.

When a transaction is created, it will broadcast through all bitcoin users, right?

but without a central server, how can this transaction know what clients are available to go through? should there not something like a masternode with a list of all people using bitcoins?

Thanks!!
Pages:
Jump to: