Pages:
Author

Topic: Question about Bitcoin with merit awards - block linkage in the blockchain - page 2. (Read 366 times)

legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
Here is a bit of clarification then. The rules -

- No spam
- No plagiarism.
 - Newbies and beginners only
- You can correct previous posts if you think they are wrong - for example, miners are the guys who insert transactions into blocks
- Please stay on topic - this question is about block linking, and not about block composition in general
- You can make more than one post, but all posts must be beneficial for the board, and helpful for new Bitcoiners.
Activity: 29
Merit: 1
I gave you a merit for that post. It's a pretty generalised basic explanation, so there is still plenty of scope for members to expand on it.
Thanks a lot  Smiley Wasn`t sure that all technical detailes needed, so I tried to simlify. Should I make an answer deeper or allowing others to participate will be a better call?
I think, establishing/explaining some rules in first post may be appropriate. For exaple, can a person answer one question multiple times and if yes - which amount of  posts is allowed etc.
Activity: 296
Merit: 0
Block is a field 80 byte. The following section of information is the number of transactions in the blocks and the primary transaction.
A common transaction on 250 bytes option to the type of the multi transaction transactions to be used to be more than that the requirements of the standard - you can see more about other transaction types here here. A average block contains the 500 transaction transactions - equivalent with less a transaction / seconds.
Activity: 49
Merit: 8
Each block carries a specific quantity of transactions and a hyperlink to the preceding block. This is the thing that connected one block after the others in time. Blocks are therefore organized right and fully secure with those SHA / HASH ( Algorithm Stuff ).

Every node can group transactions collectively right into a block and broadcast it to the network that offers the name to the entire machine ultimate system known as blockchain.

legendary
I gave you a merit for that post. It's a pretty generalised basic explanation, so there is still plenty of scope for members to expand on it.
Activity: 29
Merit: 1
If I understood the question right, answer will be: each new block has the hash of previous one within. What is hash? As I understand it, without all functions and math stuff, it`s a big set of symbols, which is calculated based on such set of previous block and special algorithm. So hash is the key.
legendary
Here we go with another merit giveaway thread. Once again the awards are to be given to new and junior members only. The thread will be self-moderated, and when one topic is answered, I'll add another topic. Spamming and very low value answers will be deleted. All replies must be original, and not copied from other sources. If you don't know the answer, then Google the question and read about it. When you think you understand the topic, then post the answer in your own words. So here is the first question.

The Bitcoin blockchain is constructed from a sequence of linked blocks. Please explain how the blocks are linked

Thread restarted because i forgot to make it self-moderated. The merit awards will be in the range of 1 - 5 based on the comprehensiveness ofyour answers.
Pages:
Jump to: