Pages:
Author

Topic: Question About Early Adapters Who Hold Coins - page 2. (Read 2506 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Do early adapters, who hold coins purchased at drastically lower prices, still buy bitcoins?  Do they buy at regular intervals, or do they only buy the dips?

Most people smart enough to buy and hold don't get sucked into the nonsense of trying to "play the market".  Everyone I know who has tried this has failed and no longer has any BTC.  They were not early adopters, but people who thought for sure they could play the system and buy in dips.  Very few make any money that is of a quantity worth the stress it involves.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Don't fear Crypto Exchanges go with honest well kn
I only heard about it when it was 150$ I wish someone would have told me about it a year sooner Sad.
legendary
Activity: 1456
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Do early adapters, who hold coins purchased at drastically lower prices, still buy bitcoins?  Do they buy at regular intervals, or do they only buy the dips?

I only know one early adopter, who was given 500 BTC as a wedding present from his brother in law back when they were under a dollar a piece.  I came to find out that my friend's brother in law is the one known as "Bitcoin Jesus."  My buddy has bought and sold more along the way.   He sold of a decent amount when it was around $200/btc.  He mainly only buys now on the dips, but has a pretty large portfolio obviously.  His goal was to get a portfolio of 1,000 BTC, but right before he was going to transfer the money, the huge surge came that pushed the price upwards of $400 per BTC (obviously we are way past that now).  

He was urging me to get into bitcoins back when they were at $50, but I didn't get in until it was a little over $200 (mainly because I was uneducated in regards to crypto currencies).  After doing a lot of research and reading through forums and so forth, I also invested in LTC back when they were a few dollars a piece, and got my friend invested into LTC too.

From what I am hearing from him though, is that one of the major banks is going to soon be coming out and publicly backing bitcoin which would give a lot more legitimacy in the eyes of people who are on the fence about investing.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
There's no single answer to that question. There are as many answers as there are people holding Bitcoin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
I have a few BTC bought at 70$, and some bought at 900+, too.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
i guess alot do that. one famous adopter, Andreas M. Antonopoulos, stills buys every week coins (he said that recently).

if you are a tough badass, you only buy in the dips  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
About 3 weeks of staring at the market has fatally rotted my brain.

If I'd been playing markets since 2009/2010 I wouldn't be able to get dressed unaided by now. I hope for their sake they've eased off and are waiting for the future.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
I know of several persons that hold Bitcoin worth more than a million, and they are thinking about buying even more at given time.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Adopter

I think that's different from person to person.

Some are just holding, some are actively trading, some buy on regular intervals (like a % of their monthly income), some have already sold out and use Bitcoin where they can and rebuy what they spend.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: