Pages:
Author

Topic: Question about Silk Road - page 2. (Read 1300 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
November 24, 2013, 12:03:10 AM
Mind you, some people did get caught when they bought from undercover cops.

not sure how does that work, if for example the US police tries to catch junkies
they get an order from Brazil and they don't have jurisdiction over there, how do they deal with it?

They probably restrict shipping to the US. I do remember an article about a bust in Australia a while back, but now I can't find it.

That bust was by the Aussies, but it didn't have much to do with SilkRoad. He was selling drugs offline, and they learned he sold on SR as well.

Ah, ok. We do know there were undercover cops on Silkroad, though, because one of them sold DPR hitman services Wink

Although, apparently vendor accounts cost a lot of money and were throttled, so it wouldn't be a piece of cake to pose as a legitimate vendor.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
November 23, 2013, 04:53:56 PM

not sure how does that work, if for example the US police tries to catch junkies
they get an order from Brazil and they don't have jurisdiction over there, how do they deal with it?

They probably restrict shipping to the US. I do remember an article about a bust in Australia a while back, but now I can't find it.

ohh
smart Cheesy

wouldn't it be best for the economy just to legalize it and tax the shit of those junkies Cheesy
Industrial private prison complex, too big, can't stop, must feed.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
November 23, 2013, 02:56:52 PM

ohh
smart Cheesy

wouldn't it be best for the economy just to legalize it and tax the shit of those junkies Cheesy

Probably, but if they do that, a black market will still exist. People won't pay 2x for something, they will go to their nearest indian reservation.
maybe, but if it was legal people wouldn't have to hide anymore which gives someone an opportunity to make a mass production (overproduction=lower prices) so the legal way would still be cheaper, I guess Cheesy

Well if you look at cigarettes, you can buy those from an indian reservation at about half of the cost as at a gas station. Although you're still buying the same product.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
November 23, 2013, 02:09:07 PM

ohh
smart Cheesy

Probably, but if they do that, a black market will still exist. People won't pay 2x for something, they will go to their nearest indian reservation.
maybe, but if it was legal people wouldn't have to hide anymore which gives someone an opportunity to make a mass production (overproduction=lower prices) so the legal way would still be cheaper, I guess Cheesy
November 23, 2013, 02:05:07 PM

ohh
smart Cheesy

November 23, 2013, 02:03:12 PM

ohh
smart Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
November 23, 2013, 01:50:06 PM
yeah, going to let that sit for a while and make sure its not a honeypot, not like I have a very high demand anyway, like I said, I never got around to jumping through all the hoops to get TOR working and shit before
November 23, 2013, 01:48:06 PM
I never got around to using it but from what I understand the best thing about it was that you could leave feedback on the vendors, so there was some semblance of peer review on quality.  Now they shut it down and we got kids literally dieing from poison molly...fucking brilliant government, way to go... Roll Eyes

There is another SR now, run by most of the same vendors. Google for SilkRoad 2.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 4543
diamond-handed zealot
November 23, 2013, 01:47:01 PM
I never got around to using it but from what I understand the best thing about it was that you could leave feedback on the vendors, so there was some semblance of peer review on quality.  Now they shut it down and we got kids literally dieing from poison molly...fucking brilliant government, way to go... Roll Eyes
November 23, 2013, 01:43:45 PM
So I never used SR but always curious...how did they come right with shipping? Surely the buyer or sender would get caught and traced? Someone please explain  Huh

Well domestic mail isn't searched or dog-sniffed, so that part was probably extremely easy. Sellers would ship anonymously, I.E. just drop it in the Drop Off Box, wearing a jacket. As for the buyers, it was never worth the trouble to arrest someone buying a ounce of marijuana. Especially if the person doesn't sign for the package, they have no real case.
November 23, 2013, 01:41:26 PM

That bust was by the Aussies, but it didn't have much to do with SilkRoad. He was selling drugs offline, and they learned he sold on SR as well.

0xFB0D8D1534241423
November 23, 2013, 01:40:08 PM

November 23, 2013, 01:38:24 PM

0xFB0D8D1534241423
November 23, 2013, 12:51:09 PM
Activity: 434
November 22, 2013, 05:12:27 PM
PGP encryption technology allows you to send your personal information, info that only the receiver can see.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
November 22, 2013, 05:10:45 PM
So I never used SR but always curious...how did they come right with shipping? Surely the buyer or sender would get caught and traced? Someone please explain  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: