Pages:
Author

Topic: Question about slush's pool and reward system - page 2. (Read 23254 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
slush uses the score-based payout method described here.

You will know how much you made before the blocks mature (unless the block becomes invalid, which isn't very common), but you will get it only after it matures (until then it will be "unconfirmed reward", but will not change).

Deepbit's PPS rates drop because difficulty increases. This will cause an equivalent drop in the payouts of all pools. Deepbit's PPS calculates rates based on a 10% fee.

slush's main advantage over deepbit's proportional is that it is more resistant to pool-hopping.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
So, 100 solved blocks later I will know how much I've made?

I actually like Deepbit's system a lot better. It's a lot easier to keep track of earnings. But if slush's pool yields higher rewards, I'll wait the 100 blocks.
Activity: 242
Merit: 251
Here's how it works:

You start mining in a round along with everybody else. By mining alongside others, you contribute your hash speed to the greater hash speed of the pool (a little bit from you, a little bit from some other guy, a greater bit from somebody with more hash power than you etc. it all adds up to the total hash speed of the pool). The greater the hash speed of the pool the faster it solves one block.
Here's the catch though. Each solved block gives away 50 bitcoins. Those 50 bitcoins have to be shared among avery person that contributed with hash speed to its solving. Naturally, the ones that contributed more will receive more. This is accomplished by shares. The number of shares you get represents the amount of bounty you get from the 50 BTC reward and is established by the hash speeds you contributed during the duration of the round. From that picture, I can see that your bounty, based on your current hash speed is estimated to 0.0704 BTC. Naturally, people contributing more Hps will probably have a bigger reward than you. When the block is solved and the round finishes, the estimated bounty will be added to the unconfirmed bounty field. From that moment on, you have to wait until the blockchain solves another 100 or 120 blocks (each block giving a confirmation of the sum to be paid to you). After the necesarry blocks are solved, the sum owed to you is moved from the unconfirmed bounty to the confirmed bounty field, and if it's enough for a payout, sent to you.

In simpler terms, the pool keeps the money it owes to you into escrow and after it receives enough confirmations, it releases the money from escrow. This waiting period exists so it can prevent potential shenanigans. Other pools such as deepbit offer an instant payout method, but they charge you a little bit more because of the risk.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
After 100 conformations a block is considered "valid". Click on the "stats" link on the left nav, it will give you an idea of how close your blocks are to being valid. It just takes the Bitcoin network some time to insurance that a coin will not get orphaned.
Activity: 112
"I'm not psychic; I'm just damn good"
Hi I'm totally new, and have started mining yesterday on slush's pool (Not even sure about other pool's existence lolx)

I basically followed those newbie guides and started mining before I started understanding what's going on. But regarding this, I've read somewhere that basically you need to wait for the unconfirmed rewards to 'clear' certain amount of 'blocks' or time? before they start turning into Confirmed rewards.

So the unconfirmed rewards from each round takes a certain amount of time before it will be confirmed. Then once the confirmed rewards accumulate to your set amount it'll then send to you wallet.

Something to this line. I'm not sure why they do this, it's probably got to do with some security of some sort. Maybe theres some way people could exploit if not done this way. I'm not sure.

Anyway, this is coming from a total newbie so I wouldn't listen to me haha.
Activity: 168
Alright, so I've been mining on slush's for about three hours and the values for estimated rewards and unconfirmed rewards has been increasing, but when will the confirmed BTC show up?

And how is payment calculated? I switched from Deepbit (the rates were getting ridiculous, it dropped from 0.0004 to 0.0002 to 0.0001 over the past few weeks). Deepbit had a proportional/PPS payment system, but slush's pool doesn't even specify how users are paid.

Pages:
Jump to: