Pages:
Author

Topic: Question about transaction fees in wallets - page 2. (Read 1066 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 576
I want to ask a question about transaction fees.
Why in online wallets like Xapo, there are no fees when sending a payment, while in the downloadable wallets, you pay fees?

https://support.xapo.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-send-bitcoin

There is always transaction fees but for Xapo case ... they are paying the fees for their users. It's probably just a way to attract more users.
So, Xapo pay transaction fees for their users.
But for other online wallets, it is the same thing?
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
Why in online wallets like Xapo, there are no fees when sending a payment, while in the downloadable wallets, you pay fees?

most services have access to all your bitcoins stored in their wallet, while desktop wallets lets you control your own bitcoins.
afaik only xapo pay the fees for you. no other services does that. and I can't think of any reason why they do that other than to get more users to use their other paid services.
copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

What you should know about down loadable wallets is that they are safe and they don't ask you identity papers like XAPO does. XAPO is also an online wallet which means you rely on third party website in order to do your bitcoin transactions, yes they pay the fees for you but at what cost , the cost of your identity and you don't know for how long they will be online, or they maybe hacked etc. While with a desktop wallet all you need is a clean PC when installing, safeguarding your SEED phrase (needed to restore the wallet) in case of PC failure.

XAPO is using that feature to allure as much members as it can to use its wallet. Better pay a bit of a fee and stay anonymous rather than going with XAPO.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152

https://support.xapo.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-send-bitcoin

There is always transaction fees but for Xapo case ... they are paying the fees for their users. It's probably just a way to attract more users.
Activity: 938
Merit: 576
Pages:
Jump to: