Pages:
Author

Topic: Question re buying and fees - page 2. (Read 242 times)

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
August 01, 2020, 07:50:52 PM
Today I transferred £500 to my coinbase account and bought £500 of xrp . Immediately After I had bought it it showed the value as £487. Surely the fees for buying are not £13?
That’s the difference of buying and selling just like exchanging any fiat currency into dollar. Yes, you can consider that as a fees and usually those kind of transactions are more expensive than sending your money to your friends.

We also have that kind of wallet in my place where the buying price is much higher compare to their selling price, i don’t know how they computed it but we have no other choice but to convert our bitcoin and keep on investing.
TGD
Activity: 1288
Merit: 620
Wen Rolex?
August 01, 2020, 06:34:00 PM
Price Spread is the answer to your question. The trading fee is very minimal in any exchange. You should be aware that price spread between buy and sell are always huge in a wallet exchange because they do market order when you exchange BTC to Fiat and vice versa.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
August 01, 2020, 06:28:29 PM
I tend to agree on @mk4, the fees that you have been experienced on Coinbase that you think are quite high are just because of the combination of volatility and the Coinbase fees which quite high compared Coinbase pro exchange. Go to an exchange(Coinbase pro) than buying coins to their wallet which is(Coinbase).

AFAIK, there's no fee for both sellers and the buyer on Coinbase pro exchange and I think that is good option if you are optimistic about fees. But remember, you can only use Coinbase pro if you reside in one of these places, in the US, UK, Europe, Canada, Australia, and Singapore.

Probably it is good if you will read this article, the Differences between Coinbase and Coinbase Pro.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
August 01, 2020, 05:35:26 PM
Today I transferred £500 to my coinbase account and bought £500 of xrp . Immediately After I had bought it it showed the value as £487. Surely the fees for buying are not £13?

Every exchange does have their own buy and sell rate.

Not because you bought at £500, you will have the same selling rate in return once the amount reflected in your account.

The value of your XRP (£487) that you see is based on Coinbase current selling rate (£).
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971
Block halving is coming.
August 01, 2020, 05:00:28 PM
Take note of the selling price and the buy price they are totally different, that's why you got £487 in XRP it's because the selling price is different from the buy price minus the fees.

Sample the price of bitcoin in buy price is $11,600 and the selling price is $11,100 so there is a gap between buying and selling.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 01, 2020, 01:56:49 PM
You should have checked the expenses before making a transaction so you'll know how much you will get and how much you will pay for the transaction. But uhmm, are you sure that you see your balance in 500 euro? coz I doubt a 13 euro charge fee for buying XRP. Conversion isn't free, you should know that when buying cryptocurrencies to avoid a 'culture shock'.

@mk4 has point the volatility of the coin is a factor also, maybe the time you buy the xrp, its price just decline a bit. Anyways XRP is moving up along with bitcoin, just hope for a better price of XRP in the next 24 hours  Cheesy
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
August 01, 2020, 12:14:57 PM
It's most likely a combination of Coinbase's fees, and probably the price volatility of XRP. Check out their fees here: https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/trading-and-funding/pricing-and-fees/fees

Also, you're going to save more by using Coinbase Pro than Coinbase if you want to save on fees.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
August 01, 2020, 11:57:37 AM
Pages:
Jump to: