Pages:
Author

Topic: Question regarding a faucet, payouts and dust - page 2. (Read 1852 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
first i suggest you create a poll on this, this way you get better results (IMO)
and to answer your question i think the combination is better, pay the ones who reached the limit and pay them in batches thats what most sites do like moonbitcoin
https://blockchain.info/tx/3443e4dd7100e941e580429f068211b1115ec54dbac10ec5a08ba0ab27bbc3b9

but the most common way that faucets use is using Microwallet api you can check it out in its site

and btw i think dust is amounts below 5600 satoshi (not sure thou)
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
Just payout every week.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I'm considering starting a faucet (either purely Bitcoin or maybe a multicoin faucet), and my question is how best to handle payouts. I see two approaches:

The first is to not payout until an account reaches a certain threshold, which would have to be somewhat higher than the transaction fee for sending the transaction. That would mean a long time between payouts.

The second approach would be to batch payouts - ie, once a total threshold is met (ie,0.01 BTC or even 0.001), construct a batch transaction to send payouts to everybody that is due. On one hand, people would get paid a lot quicker, but on the other, many of those payments would be considered "dust"

Or there could be a combination of the two, send a single payout transaction in a single batch, but only including recipients who had reached a preset threshold.

Just looking to you guys for guidance. Faucets not up yet so I'm not advertising anything, but if this is the wrong place for such a question, feel free to move it to the correct location.

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: