Pages:
Author

Topic: Questions every Bitcoin investor needs to ask himself/herself. - page 2. (Read 6505 times)

legendary
Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000
They created the "math" behind closed-doors. The methodology behind these technologies is not fully disclosed. Sure, the technology is open but not the process it took to create it which can make all the difference.

What exactly are you implying about the process and why is that relevant? Whether Newton derived calculus on the toilet or while sitting under an apple tree or had a 'process' of drinking a cup of water every 30 minutes is irrelevant to the mathematical proof.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Well, SHA hashes, but doesn't crypt. You should read a bit about cryptography, as it isn't about the publisher, but the math behindert which makes an algorithm considered as secure.
I am aware of this. I am not naive. As stated, NSA resources not only published these technologies but created the cryptography as well. They created the "math" behind closed-doors. The methodology behind these technologies is not fully disclosed. Sure, the technology is open but not the process it took to create it which can make all the difference.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Well, SHA hashes, but doesn't crypt. You should read a bit about cryptography, as it isn't about the publisher, but the math behind which makes an algorithm considered as secure.
So all the governments of the whole world, plus the army of crypto-scientists who have yet to crack SHA-256, are on the whole, either less technically adept than the NSA, OR are in on it too.

The NSA's budget is classified for a reason. The NSA's benefactors have access to resources that most of the world cannot even comprehend. I cannot offer proof but I can claim this is a possibility more real than most think. When a national government such as the US helps achieve control of the world's finances and military in less than 2 centuries anything seems possible.

By the way, have you seen the budget of the Department of Defense recently?

So if you had an infinite amount of money I guess you could land a man on Neptune? A bunch of money doesn't solve something that is inherently impossible. A more logical theory would be that the NSA regrets releasing such strong crypto to the masses. All this was released before the terrorists were trying to take away our freedom and the US decided it had to take away our freedoms to protect those freedoms.
Speaking of Neptune, there might be a very good reason why we haven't had a moon landing in over 40 years that involves the DoD as well. Who defines what is impossible? The common man or the men with all the power?

Your theory hedges on the NSA being incompetent which is just as valid. As for your last sentence, I will only say that the fear of "terrorism" is a centuries old ruse used to acquire power.
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
So all the governments of the whole world, plus the army of crypto-scientists who have yet to crack SHA-256, are on the whole, either less technically adept than the NSA, OR are in on it too.

The NSA's budget is classified for a reason. The NSA's benefactors have access to resources that most of the world cannot even comprehend. I cannot offer proof but I can claim this is a possibility more real than most think. When a national government such as the US helps achieve control of the world's finances and military in less than 2 centuries anything seems possible.

So if you had an infinite amount of money I guess you could land a man on Neptune? A bunch of money doesn't solve something that is inherently impossible. A more logical theory would be that the NSA regrets releasing such strong crypto to the masses. All this was released before the terrorists were trying to take away our freedom and the US decided it had to take away our freedoms to protect those freedoms.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 4811
You're never too old to think young.
I guess the same goes for the US Navy and onion routing.

legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
As you should know, two of the main core technologies that make Bitcoin work are implementations of the following with slight modifications:

Digital Signature Algorithm - Patented by David W. Kravitz, a former National Security Agency employee.

SHA-256 - Designed and released by the National Security Agency.

The National Security Agency is a cryptologic intelligence agency of the United States Department of Defense responsible for the collection and analysis of foreign communications and foreign signals intelligence, as well as protecting U.S. government communications and information systems,[2] which involves information security and cryptanalysis/cryptography.(Wikipedia)

So, if the NSA is tasked with collecting and cracking foreign communications why would they provide the world with a hash function that is supposedly secure? Why would they provide the world with algorithms that would allow the world to hide information successfully? My opinion: They would not. They would likely only release cryptography they know they can infiltrate.

Assuming if DSA is compromised in a flash, what will happen to Bitcoin? Will we be able to migrate the blockchain to a new version of Bitcoin or will everything have to start from scratch?

Ask these questions to yourself. If you remain confident with your answers and the risk involved, feel free to stay invested. Otherwise, make a plan if you don't have one already.

Note: Posts will be deleted if they lack content and/or are off-topic.
Pages:
Jump to: