Pages:
Author

Topic: [Race is over!] Mint Race #5: Win a KnC Jupiter 550 GH/s ASIC device! - page 4. (Read 18052 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
And the race is on!

Good luck and may the best minter win Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Awesome news. I just hope I can find the block.  Smiley
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Also is there a list of all the shares I submit? A place to follow the lowest share so far?

We'll just look at the BTC blocks that are generated. That cuts it down to just a few of the lowest hashes, so we don't have to look at each and every one.
Activity: 798
Merit: 502
Thanks for the explanation Smiley

Also is there a list of all the shares I submit? A place to follow the lowest share so far?
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Then why does CGMiner shows the highest share as the best one?

Isn't this one 445 million?

cgminer is calculating the difficulty equivalent of the hash value. A small hash or target value yields a high difficulty.

Try the links to prior mint races, you can see the hash values that won.
Is this the opposite of finding a block? Lowest vs highest share?

No, the smallest hashes are always best.

To find a block you must find a hash that is below the current target. As the difficulty goes up, the target goes down, making it more difficult to find a hash that is below the target.

To win the race you must find a hash that is below the hashes of the other miners in the race.

I believe this dance was inspired by Bitcoin mining: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo_%28dance%29

Then why does CGMiner shows the highest share as the best one?
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts

No, the smallest hashes are always best.

To find a block you must find a hash that is below the current target. As the difficulty goes up, the target goes down, making it more difficult to find a hash that is below the target.

To win the race you must find a hash that is below the hashes of the other miners in the race.

I believe this dance was inspired by Bitcoin mining: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo_%28dance%29
Is there a list of all the shares I submitted?

I found a block today Smiley
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Thanks, BTC Trinkets! I've added the lapel pins in the first post.

*Any plans on updating bitminter java client to support MrTeal's BFL-based Chilis?

If it takes a while for a fully BFL-compatible firmware to become available, then maybe I should add a workaround for them.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
Btctrinkets.com is throwing in two lapel pins for the runner up spots:

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I've got a 0.01% chance of winning, so bring-it-on!
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
So, let's see, if I'm currently ~0.058%, yeah likely to never win but what the heck it's nice to know that at least I have a shot Smiley

*Any plans on updating bitminter java client to support MrTeal's BFL-based Chilis?
Activity: 518
Hodl!
Woohoo, my chances are wayyyyyyyy better this time....

Got about 0.8% vs the 0.001% or something I had at the tail end of the GPUs
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Haven't found a single block during the last year of mining. My luck for a block find is long overdue, maybe I'll manage to grab the race prize in the same go, but that'll be stretching it. Smiley
With only 20 GH/s, I think I will also never find a block.  Cry

that goes for me too, i had all my set-up stolen and only just got back online with what little iv managed to buy. good luck to those who are in the running for 1st though  Wink

wow, how did you get it stolen?
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
It's like lottery, the more tickets you hold the greater are the odds of winning. Holding more tickets means you paid more for them. So it's fair that your chances are greater. You can solve a block even CPU-mnng, if you are very very lucky.
I see you're point.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
It's like lottery, the more tickets you hold the greater are the odds of winning. Holding more tickets means you paid more for them. So it's fair that your chances are greater. You can solve a block even CPU-mining, if you are very very lucky.
Activity: 53
How is this fair for the smaller miners? I have never gotten my name on a block.
Activity: 32
Haven't found a single block during the last year of mining. My luck for a block find is long overdue, maybe I'll manage to grab the race prize in the same go, but that'll be stretching it. Smiley

that goes for me too, i had all my set-up stolen and only just got back online with what little iv managed to buy. good luck to those who are in the running for 1st though  Wink
Activity: 714
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
Activity: 910
Merit: 1004
buy silver!
Pages:
Jump to: