Pages:
Author

Topic: Racism and intelligence - page 2. (Read 1103 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 500
May 08, 2016, 12:49:25 PM
There is no co-relation between both but there are lots of intelligent people who are raciest as well.
It is society's way to make the population abide by a certain way of conduct.
Even if they were intelligent, they would not be unless to conform the way society would portray them.

intelligence can be measured by an iq test.

do we agree on such basic stuffs? if not please refrain from posting here and create your own thread.

wtf seems i hit a point or why are only trolls coming here?  Roll Eyes

No I DO NOT. Psychology also plays a role in it too.
A crazy like Charlie Manson can take the test as well saying he is intelligent but DO YOU see him as that?
If so, then more intelligent people with a higher score on those tests will beg to Differ.  Undecided
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
May 08, 2016, 12:34:36 PM
I agree with the premise of the thread, but not necessarily the reasoning behind it...

I would argue that the predominant factor is religion... religious people are dumb... religious people also tend to vote republican (simply because republicans cater to their demands/ideals)... herego, republicans are dumb by proxy, but not for the assumed reason in the OP

Though, I suppose you could argue that it's not, "religious people are dumb", but rather "dumb people are religious"...

Is this the new, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
May 08, 2016, 09:42:43 AM
There is no co-relation between both but there are lots of intelligent people who are raciest as well.
Even if they were intelligent, they would not be unless to conform the way society would portray them.

intelligence can be measured by an iq test.

do we agree on such basic stuffs? if not please refrain from posting here and create your own thread.

wtf seems i hit a point or why are only trolls coming here?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 994
May 08, 2016, 09:39:25 AM
legendary
May 08, 2016, 09:34:06 AM

can you elaborate on the first part and give evidence for the same?

i asked for opinions but please try to back up your opinions with facts and arguments.

also please read the studies before you post. both posters above didnt.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
May 08, 2016, 09:28:13 AM
legendary
May 08, 2016, 09:24:23 AM
What a bullshit. To understand right-wing and far-right-wing way to think, you have to be of that side, like it is for left-wing and far-left-wing. Results are always crappy when one side tries to examinate the other one.

science based on empirical data is bullshit?  Huh

i think you are a good example that these studies are correct Cheesy

Activity: 588
Gloire à la Victoire !
May 08, 2016, 09:20:27 AM
What a bullshit. To understand right-wing and far-right-wing way to think, you have to be of that side, like it is for left-wing and far-left-wing. Results are always crappy when one side tries to examinate the other one.
legendary
May 08, 2016, 07:52:43 AM
http://socpro.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2016/01/08/socpro.spv028

http://pss.sagepub.com/content/early/2012/01/04/0956797611421206.abstract

http://www.psychologicalscience.org/index.php/news/were-only-human/is-racism-just-a-form-of-stupidity.html

Dhont and Hodson believe they have an answer to this, again one based on rigorous abundant evidence. Their theory is that right-wing ideologies attract people with lower mental abilities because they minimize the complexity of the world. Right-wing ideologies offer well-structured and ordered views of society, views that preserve traditions and norms, so they are especially attractive to those who are threatened by change and want to avoid uncertainty and ambiguity. Conversely, smart people are more capable of grasping a world of nuance, fluidity and relativity.
The empirical evidence supports this link, too. Low intelligence and “low effort thinking” are strongly linked to right-wing attitudes, including authoritarianism and conservative politics. And again, there appears to be a demonstrable causal link: Studies have found, for example, that children with poor mental skills grow up to be strongly right-wing adults.

Feel free to post additional information, your experience and opinion about this topic.

I found more studies but as far as i know these are some of the newest.
Pages:
Jump to: