Pages:
Author

Topic: Radix - Tempo Whitepaper - page 5. (Read 5340 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 27, 2017, 10:44:07 AM
Deciding on how people are happy about this the launch of Radix should be the date of blockchain RIP.
Seems really interesting if legit. As I understand technology behind Radix is tested and works with real company.
I'm waiting more details on economics and ICO.
Activity: 96
Merit: 11
September 27, 2017, 10:06:02 AM
It's look pretty, guys.. Do you carry out ICO? or Do u have pre-sale?
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
September 27, 2017, 09:53:51 AM
Really exited to see the Whitepaper released! Have been waiting on this day since 2013  Grin

I must admit I have a hard time getting my head around it though. So perhaps my question is already answered in the paper and I just didn't understand it...

So the Universe is split up in X shards. Each shard is a part of the network contain transaction information, right?
Now what happens if a bad actor (Bob) sets up a lot of nodes that store, say, Shard (2) of the network and by that stores all or at least the majority of that shard.
Now Bob sends a a payment to Alice in shard (3). Alice now asks a node serving Shard (2) if that transaction is valid. But as Shard(2) is controlled by Bob, can't he return false information and thus double spend transactions over and over?

Bob will have to send the commitment data (see white paper) along, and by checking the hashes of the merkle tree you can prove the (in)validity of any atom.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
September 27, 2017, 09:31:24 AM
Really exited to see the Whitepaper released! Have been waiting on this day since 2013  Grin

I must admit I have a hard time getting my head around it though. So perhaps my question is already answered in the paper and I just didn't understand it...

So the Universe is split up in X shards. Each shard is a part of the network contain transaction information, right?
Now what happens if a bad actor (Bob) sets up a lot of nodes that store, say, Shard (2) of the network and by that stores all or at least the majority of that shard.
Now Bob sends a a payment to Alice in shard (3). Alice now asks a node serving Shard (2) if that transaction is valid. But as Shard(2) is controlled by Bob, can't he return false information and thus double spend transactions over and over?
pap
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
September 27, 2017, 09:16:26 AM
Hi, Good to see you have a scientist in your team does he have a positive effect in development?
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
September 27, 2017, 02:38:48 AM
This is so exciting. Ive looking forward to this project since i first got into crypto and heard about it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
September 27, 2017, 12:31:53 AM
Congrats Dan. Smiley

Great to see the whitepaper out and am currently trying wrap the tech around my head.
Activity: 800
Merit: 502
September 26, 2017, 04:12:47 PM
Nice to see Emunie / Radix again  Smiley
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
September 26, 2017, 04:00:29 PM
This could get big. Really big.

Let's wait for the mainnet.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
September 26, 2017, 02:58:43 PM
Well, its works quite well.. we did a test back in April on a network, and one node on the network (mine) doing the video. Regular PC's, mine doing loads of other stuff while the nodes in the network spam each other. Video is below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw2uy_NAx7w

One node was placed in Denmark, another in the UK. So, beta test, before recent database (and other) optimizations, test network across the internet. No cheating, no preload into ram. Just a straight up test to see the status at that time.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 26, 2017, 01:47:29 PM
You finally now have a solution to end all other projects and their partial attempts at a solution.

I can understand your excitement after finishing 5 years job but I would guess it is a little bit too early to bury blockchain.
If Radix will work in reality as you suppose it should work, it means that blockhain only lasted for 8 years. If yes, I want to see faces in Silicon valley speaking about "the most disruptive technology after invention of the internet"  Grin
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
September 26, 2017, 01:39:33 PM
It's definitely been a long road, but the results were worth the wait.

You finally now have a solution to end all other projects and their partial attempts at a solution.

The future is now!
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
September 26, 2017, 11:18:31 AM
This is the post I have been waiting on for about 4 years.  Grin

I also agree with smaragda, that the economics WP is the one that I have been chomping at the bit for, for a long time, and have had to rein myself in several times over the years.

Again Fuserleer Congratulations!
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
September 26, 2017, 10:35:41 AM
Oy, VB! I think your nemesis has arrived  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
September 26, 2017, 09:53:39 AM
After 5 long years of hard work, failed attempts and lessons learnt, we present the whitepaper explaining Tempo, our ledger and consensus tech that was published this week.

You can get it at our website https://radix.global

It details how our ledger architecture allows high throughput, rapid settlement and offers a true micro-payment and IoT solution, along with the consensus algorithm which we developed to secure it.

Tempo is a completely different way of thinking, and I would STRONGLY suggest you leave anything you know about blockchain, DAG, and other ledger tech at the door, otherwise you will end up with incorrect conclusions.

This paper is the first of a set that will explain all of the Radix core features such as economics, DEX, payment rails and more.

I'll keep this short and let the paper do the talking.

As always, comments, thoughts and feedback welcome.
Pages:
Jump to: