Pages:
Author

Topic: Randomly generated text - page 2. (Read 2022 times)

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
March 19, 2012, 11:29:42 PM
P.S.: I've noticed the code block doesn't scroll, but I don't want it to be a wall of text. Please just copy and paste it into a word processor to read better.
Add manual linebreaks, it will start to scroll eventually. Also, http://www.dominicirving.com/cccbsg/ and http://www.essaygenerator.com/
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076
March 19, 2012, 10:48:12 PM
Recently, I've been playing around with computer-generated text. Not intelligently like cleverbot et al., but rather that of the lowest lifeform possible: randomly. Okay, actually pseudorandomly, but close enough.

Basically, I've got a script processing a couple templates and wordlists and putting them together (in a hopefully coherent manner). Unfortunately, English doesn't always work out so well, creating constructs similar to "very without" and the type.

To demonstrate it's current (very basic) level of "knowledge" (as in; wordlists and templates), here are a few sample paragraphs (not cherry-picked, these are right out of the box):
Code:
Furthermore, diverse, extremely quirky, and bemused pencils to the left of entirely mammoth pencils originally transfer kayaks. Xylophones fond of deer walk inside the very overstated thief; kangaroos indubiously feed the photograph devoid of blue, completely descriptive, and scattered blocks. The group of completely broad, forest-producing buffalo maintains that lice enrich utilities. Certainly, a writer consumes an especially original, rather natural, and bemused outfit. The completely broad, canine, and sign-seeing committee brings a deviation; however, especially circular elephants rarely take a piano on the stone.

However, a human therefore consumes a library-forging, additionally distant pyramid beside unfortunately miniature, orange pencils. Always, crooked, mouse-burning businesses without slowly ancient, originally uninteresting matrices walk far from a microwave. Rabbits fond of zebras claim axis-ingesting, calculator-growing, and noticeably ancient xylophones, and the galley illustrates that women transfer moose. Nevertheless, axes fond of kangaroos require utilities almost devoid of criteria. Rarely, the astonishingly traditional, extremely enormous, and partner-constructing narwhal devoid of arbitration-invading cities evacuates a boundary. Although afterthoughts unfortunately claim groups of octopodes, artificial, rarely broad, and nearly jagged servers very fond of afternoons send feet extremely devoid of actions.

Wren-consuming, astonishingly vague, and orange buffalo near acute servers visibly transfer the mob of servers; moose feed always flat, very descriptive, and taiga-inhaling salmon extremely devoid of small, human-eating, and institution-ingesting platypodes. Although circle-constructing, visibly glacial jungles walk to formulae, axes near branches take glacier-invading phenomena. As appliances certainly send sometimes positive rabbits very fond of slowly autumnal, almost jagged activities, men far from the exotic, extremely remote, and decayed deposition run to the right of a steep, geyser-consuming, and certainly considerable belief.

Arbitrators over actions listen to a swarms of afterthoughts; however, couples of certainly square, small, and zebra-consuming cats calculate that boundaries enrich formulae. The glacier almost devoid of appliances deduces that mice distribute beliefs; therefore, collections of bartenders walk on arbitrations. Furthermore, the very miniature, completely limited, and rather useless volcano writes a very uninteresting, always artificial, and steep newspaper. Visibly, the outfit devoid of cats forges women. A vivid, large, and especially autumnal notification hears reluctantly round platypodes; servers point out that businesses transfer xylophones. As Rel Benea said, "the rather gigantic, afterthought-eating, and crystal-eating belief especially fond of cats constructs a store".

Moreover, a kangaroo inhales white teeth. Salmon inside the person walk to the left of colossal, repeatedly colossal, and especially detailed cats, but the theft goes to alpaca. Furthermore, an astonishingly artificial mouse devises a zebra. Series of branches react to the left of a galley, and the swarms of repeatedly frosty, especially crooked cabbages talks under weapons. The book therefore moves the somewhat proximate, especially organized kangaroo.

This is where I want to experiment more in-depth with language; after exausting the basic concepts I've realized that I'm not a linguist. Wikipedia's many in-depth articles on language are coherent but not immediately obviously templatified. As such, I've decided to expose this mini-project to the Bitcointalk community (or at least the subset that reads Off-Topic). Any comments would do.

P.S.: I've noticed the code block doesn't scroll, but I don't want it to be a wall of text. Please just copy and paste it into a word processor to read better.
Pages:
Jump to: