Pages:
Author

Topic: Raspberry Pi.... how reliable is it? - page 2. (Read 4793 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
December 16, 2013, 07:42:31 PM
I am finding that it locks up once in a while requiring a reboot.

http://pi.gadgetoid.com/article/who-watches-the-watcher

u can set it to autoreboot if it locks up...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
World Class Cryptonaire
December 16, 2013, 07:38:59 PM
They can mine any SHA-256 coin such as bitcoin, terracoin, zetacoin, devcoin, freicoin, peercoin etc. However, they cannot mine scrypt coins such as litecoin.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
December 16, 2013, 04:18:02 PM
I have 3 that are on 24/7. 2 of them run at 100% CPU running ASIC miners, it seems I only have a problem about once every month or so, typically they reboot them selves.

1 is a media machine that has been playing a customized media loop for nearly a year, I get tired of it and update the firmware everyone in a while to see if I can break anything but no problems it just goes.

Another is used here and there when I am trying out new projects, I am about to stick it in a fake security cam housing and attach the real cam to it. I only point this one out because it has been dropped and set outside and been in the sun, the cold, and everything else you can think of but water. No problems.

I also have 6 more that have not seen their intended use yet.

Good to know, was thinking of getting one... can the ASIC miners mine any other coin or are they limited to Bitcoin?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
December 16, 2013, 04:03:13 PM
I have 3 that are on 24/7. 2 of them run at 100% CPU running ASIC miners, it seems I only have a problem about once every month or so, typically they reboot them selves.

1 is a media machine that has been playing a customized media loop for nearly a year, I get tired of it and update the firmware everyone in a while to see if I can break anything but no problems it just goes.

Another is used here and there when I am trying out new projects, I am about to stick it in a fake security cam housing and attach the real cam to it. I only point this one out because it has been dropped and set outside and been in the sun, the cold, and everything else you can think of but water. No problems.

I also have 6 more that have not seen their intended use yet.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
December 16, 2013, 03:24:34 PM
I have a RasPi running a few instances of BFG Miner for my USB miners,(BFL and BE)  and also acting as a proxy for a cube. I am finding that it locks up once in a while requiring a reboot. Is this typical? I am wondering if it is perhaps overheating and shutting down? I have it in a plastic case. Perhaps I should remove the top half of the case to help vent it.

I am new to this ras pi deal, and hoping someone can share their experiences with Ras Pi's as workhorses.
Pages:
Jump to: