Pages:
Author

Topic: Raspberry Pi Running Antminer U1 - page 2. (Read 13149 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
January 16, 2014, 03:09:46 PM
yep!  Cheesy

another problem though  Huh.. running through console on iPad.. when it closes so does cg miner!??

edit

bit the bullet, lugged tv and keyboard downstairs and plugged in.. now ticking away.. all good
Activity: 31
January 16, 2014, 01:49:57 PM
Did you miss the Sudo?..lol
January 16, 2014, 12:29:43 PM
thanks Sweaving - i have followed the instructions as per previous posts
-- enabl-bmsc
then..
made

but after made just get error which says something like - you don't have permission to access this file

I can still start the miner but it doesn't recognise as before.. Huh Huh

any ideas?

greenemso

Edit - please ignore - now working!!  Grin Grin

many thanks for your help!
January 15, 2014, 04:31:59 PM
greenemeso:-
For ant miners you should --enable-bmsc during the cgminer setup

the cgminer.conf file you have there should only be used for 3.1.1 on BE's (so leave it alone as 3.8.5 will not look for it)

also when you run do
sudo ./cgminer etc........

this should fix the privalidge error.

Olddiesel:-
Good job figuring out the power supply! things like that you always assume are ok!

Mrclown:-
Not a clue how many it can handle, buy 100 plug em in and let us know!..lol

January 15, 2014, 11:28:28 AM
January 15, 2014, 10:45:53 AM
I'm still not able to get past this line...
cd ./cgminer
./cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u bitcoinco_demo -p x--bmsc-freq 0781

Now I get:
Unexpected extra commandline arguments
Segmentation fault

Also: do I add the '--usb :1' command like this:
./cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u bitcoinco_demo -p x--bmsc-freq 0781 --usb :1

I'm getting the same error message on my pi - did you resolve??

greenemso

I assume you have but I'll just make sure......... You have changed the relevant fields to suit your mining pool and your workers account + password? (in bold text below)

./cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u bitcoinco_demo -p x --bmsc-freq 0781 --usb :1

yes - i'm now getting it to boot up in cg miner ok, but saying usb init, open device failed, err -3, you don't have privilege to access...

edit.. i just went back to adafruit instruction as I was using BE before ant miner.. states that icarus code is for BE only.. can anyone confirm what should be here or shall i just remove?

{
"pools" : [
        {
                "url" : "PoolAddress:Port",
                "user" : "UserName.WorkerName",
                "pass" : "Password"
        }
]
   "api-listen" : true,
   "api-port" : "4028",
   "expiry" : "120",
   "failover-only" : true,
   "log" : "5",
   "no-pool-disable" : true,
   "queue" : "2",
   "scan-time" : "60",
   "worktime" : true,
   "shares" : "0",
   "kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
   "api-allow" : "0/0",
   "icarus-options" : "115200:1:1",
   "icarus-timing" : "3.0=100"

}
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
January 15, 2014, 09:11:09 AM
cd ./cgminer
./cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u bitcoinco_demo -p x--bmsc-freq 0781

Now I get:
Segmentation fault

./cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u bitcoinco_demo -p x--bmsc-freq 0781 --usb :1

greenemso

I assume you have but I'll just make sure......... You have changed the relevant fields to suit your mining pool and your workers account + password? (in bold text below)

./cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u bitcoinco_demo -p x --bmsc-freq 0781 --usb :1
January 15, 2014, 08:26:21 AM
cd ./cgminer

Now I get:
Segmentation fault

greenemso
Activity: 3
January 14, 2014, 06:16:07 PM
How many U1 that PI can handle?
Activity: 19
January 14, 2014, 06:07:28 PM
hmmm, yes they do get v warm when running at correct speed.

Does the Antminer run ok on say a normal windows pc? Or do you have a 2nd unit to test to see if its duff or not?

Other than that i would unplug all devices, completely turn off, then back on insert only the antminer and try.

if not go back though and perhaps re-do all steps. (Should be fairly quick at doing these by now! i know i am..lol)

just one more thing to check, there may be somthing wrong in your start line! somthing as simple as a space in the wrong place, or only 1 - instead of 2 --. if the freq and bauds are not sent correctly then i think it goes to a low default setting.

sudo ./cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u oldiesel.worker1 -p x --bmsc-freq 0981

drop the .exe! (this is only for windows)

You don't make this up! ;-(

I ran the install again, in the right and complete order.
still low speeds,...damn.
Checking the USB hub powersupply,......Guess what,....DEAD!!
So after all the supply of the PI was feeding it.

Hooked on a universal net adapter ,both Ants running now on speed.
Activity: 1
January 14, 2014, 04:42:15 PM
Hi I am new to the forum.  I have a question regarding piminer with BEs and Antminer.  If two instances of CGminer need to be running to support BEs and Antminers on the same hub, will piminer be able to display information from both instances of CGminer?  Sorry if the question sounds confusing.  Thank you in advance!
January 14, 2014, 01:47:39 PM
Fuglie:-
In respose to your sugestion of BFminer, i have to admint i did almost switch to it! lol, but im not realy in this to make loads of bitcoin, i enjoy solving problems(Sad i know) and for me this was a good one for me to get my teeth into, especially as there was little or no info around on running both Antminers and BE on a Pi with CGminer.

Thanks for posting the comment, and the alternative for others who may have been getting to frustrated with it all.
January 14, 2014, 01:39:29 PM
hmmm, yes they do get v warm when running at correct speed.

Does the Antminer run ok on say a normal windows pc? Or do you have a 2nd unit to test to see if its duff or not?

Other than that i would unplug all devices, completely turn off, then back on insert only the antminer and try.

if not go back though and perhaps re-do all steps. (Should be fairly quick at doing these by now! i know i am..lol)

just one more thing to check, there may be somthing wrong in your start line! somthing as simple as a space in the wrong place, or only 1 - instead of 2 --. if the freq and bauds are not sent correctly then i think it goes to a low default setting.

sudo ./cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u oldiesel.worker1 -p x --bmsc-freq 0981

drop the .exe! (this is only for windows)
January 13, 2014, 06:19:47 PM
do you have them in a Powered hub? as the Pi by itself cannot supply enough juice to run any miners!

Yep, they run in a powered hub, 2Amps.
But they not even get warm.

Now i realize what possibly went wrong, i didn't run the part:

If you are using a Raspberry Pi do the following:

sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt

Add the following code at the end of the first line (on the same line as the other text)

slub_debug=FP

I did it after all, do this mean i have to repeat the following steps?
Or do a complete re-install?
Activity: 13
January 13, 2014, 02:46:57 PM
parallela will be a good option?
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
January 13, 2014, 02:08:34 PM
That explains it, I have tried this myself but did not realize I needed a powered hub to run miners. I thought you could mine without one and it got me nowhere. Do you recommend any particular type or brand of powered hub, or will any bog standard one do just as good a job as an expensive one?
January 13, 2014, 01:57:00 PM
do you have them in a Powered hub? as the Pi by itself cannot supply enough juice to run any miners!
Activity: 18
January 13, 2014, 12:15:50 AM
Try a different frequency maybe.

Code:
--bmsc-freq 0781

- Fuglie

January 12, 2014, 06:46:11 PM

Hi,

I have a Raspberry Pi and 2 Antminer U1
I followed up all the steps Sweaving posted here, and my stuff is running

Started up with sudo ./cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:20 -o stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u oldiesel.worker1 -p x --bmsc-freq 0981
As you see I started it op for 2.0Gh/s

But i seems to have difficulties "Getting up to speed"

They run @ 200 Mh/s max each,...what do i need to optimize?

Activity: 18
January 12, 2014, 03:42:52 PM
If ya'll would have stopped being suborn you could use the link Laxe and I posted and run bfgminer which would run your BE and U1's in one single instance/program. Just install the dependencies required in the readme for bfgminer then follow the instructions on the link.  Sure is a lot easier than trying to make cgminer work correctly until they update it.

Anyway for future users of Pi...read the linkage. 

- Fuglie
Pages:
Jump to: