Pages:
Author

Topic: Rate my portfolio progress - page 2. (Read 228 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
CoinPoker.com
August 31, 2022, 11:33:45 PM
(.....)
P.S. My strategy since mid May has been to dollar cost average on various promising Alts ( high risk to low risk ) and sell my Gold into Tether and USDC when I sensed trading opportunities were near. I also bought a lot of Ethereum when BTC hit 18K. So my portfolio is highly diversified now, which wasn't before in Mid-May. Gold is still my biggest holding, Ethereum my second biggest, BTC my third.
Are you trading here? If yes, on what basis? Like how do you identify your entry, stop loss (if there is any), or take profits area?

Looks like you trade in a different way or you are just a long-term investment which is more on accumulating/buying at cheap prices and waiting for the time before taking profits.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
August 31, 2022, 05:33:19 PM
You have managed to save the value of your portfolio when it's up and when the market is down. You're doing good.

Yes, you can aspire to be a good trader someday or be both together as an investor. All the results that you'll be getting will dictate how good you are.

And that's what you have to do. It's gonna be a long process but show everyone how much you're winning and minimize your losses.
Activity: 245
Merit: 13
August 31, 2022, 03:36:34 PM
As an aspiring investor / trader I rate my progress all the time. And I'm not talking daily progress, because in this crazy bear market we're all struggling day to day. But longer term... I believe we should all do an honest assessment, so here is mine. At some point in early to mid-May I exited the market, which to me it meant basically entering the bear market territory. Believe it or not I put almost all of my crypto tokens money into PAXG ( Gold ) not Tether or USDC. One Altcoin I didn't sell I left there to this day.

So lets say my portfolio value was $9,000 when BTC was 30K in Mid May
And lets say my portfolio value now as we enter September is also $9,000 when BTC is exactly $20K

How well did I do? Can I aspire to be a professional trader / investor one day ?
I have 2 years 3 months experience investing / trading and have tripled my original investment during this time.

P.S. My strategy since mid May has been to dollar cost average on various promising Alts ( high risk to low risk ) and sell my Gold into Tether and USDC when I sensed trading opportunities were near. I also bought a lot of Ethereum when BTC hit 18K. So my portfolio is highly diversified now, which wasn't before in Mid-May. Gold is still my biggest holding, Ethereum my second biggest, BTC my third.
Pages:
Jump to: