Pages:
Author

Topic: Ray Dalio predicting bitcoin to be outlawed - page 2. (Read 253 times)

legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1496

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3QmfOH1xZA

i just saw the video today but it was published yesterday. this is PBD podcast/video where they talk about it being outlawed and regulation about BTC and the government going to regulate heavily. is it going to be possible?

just a small talk about regulations actually although they were saying that it's just going to be outlawed temporarily, when do you think this will happen if it really will?
in the end of the discussion, the two guests are actually very bullish to BTC that they are optimistic that it will go up to a million.

Regulation is inevitable! Bitcoin will be regulated in almost every country where the government is financially stable! Some countries will also try to pass a law to ban bitcoin. However, is a law enough to ban a technology like bitcoin? The answer is no! There are literally many ways to use bitcoin and convert to real money! Just same as happening in Nigeria now!

So regulation is incoming. Every government will try to tax it heavily so that people are somewhat discouraged to use it. But at the end of the day, bitcoin will eventually win!

Pro tip - start accumulating Monero! This privacy focused coin will be huge in the future!
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
It is a prediction like any other. At least he hasn't said he's going to eat his dick on national TV if that doesn't happen.

I don't think that will happen. With more and more companies buying Bitcoin or offering Bitcoin through them (like Paypal), I see it extremely unlikely. Another thing is if restrictions are passed, such as only allowing you to own them through an exchange as mentioned, but that would be a futile move.

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
Looks like Yahoo interviewed a guy who is just reaching on the idea of a US ban for Bitcoin but has failed to establish any kind of fact that the government is indeed banning cryptocurrencies. They just cited how gold was banned in the past but it doesn't mean it will be the same for Bitcoin or for any cryptocurrency in this matter. What I have only seen so far is authorities are striving more regulations and more ways on how to track crypto transactions but nothing about a blanket ban being a solution for any kind of problem here.

Here is my comment on to the same topic in the press section. I believe that Dalio is just merely speculating about Bitcoin being outlaw as he have compared the ban on what happened to gold which has several different circumstances where during that time gold is competing with the US dollar, now we have the SEC even controlling and regulating multiple kinds of assets from stocks, bonds, and even cryptocurrencies. The US government isn't even headed in that direction on the way I see it with them more focus on regulations rather than prohibitions towards the crypto industry.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
A general ban on bitcoin and crypto in general is not viable right now. The state could well find a way to put some indirect bans but that won't help with their goal. I think they guy only want to throw the ball in the arena to see what's the sentiment and get a feeling of could be a possible reaction to it. IMHO, I don't see it happening.

probably. the number of investors coming into crypto already increasing including the big names who were from different markets are here already. they'd considered criminals.

but they were just discussing the possibilities because during the way back financial crisis, they were also forcing people to surrender their gold otherwise they'd be outlaws. They were just thinking that history could repeat itself again, this time its BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
A general ban on bitcoin and crypto in general is not viable right now. The state could well find a way to put some indirect bans but that won't help with their goal. I think they guy only want to throw the ball in the arena to see what's the sentiment and get a feeling of could be a possible reaction to it. IMHO, I don't see it happening.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
I don't think there's such thing as outlawed temporarily, it's either a complete ban, unlikely but who knows. Yeah, I agree if we here that it is going to be outlaw, for sure the price will be very bullish as it will attract more. But I'm not seeing US going in this direction though, unless their dollar is really threaten which is not.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
Blanket bans are unlikely but all other anti-Bitcoin measures aren't outside the realm of possibility, making it harder for Bitcoin to attract more users, almost as if it had been banned. Targeting of fiat on and off-ramps is already a serious hindrance, and many countries are also going after cryptocurrency to cryptocurrency transactions.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
If it gets outlawed, the value will probably go up...

It might be possible the US will outlaw ownership without a custodian, Europe and Asia won't though and people can just travel to Europe when they need to buy or sell...
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3QmfOH1xZA

i just saw the video today but it was published yesterday. this is PBD podcast/video where they talk about it being outlawed and regulation about BTC and the government going to regulate heavily. is it going to be possible?

just a small talk about regulations actually although they were saying that it's just going to be outlawed temporarily, when do you think this will happen if it really will?
in the end of the discussion, the two guests are actually very bullish to BTC that they are optimistic that it will go up to a million.

Pages:
Jump to: