Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: 0.212 bitcoin Youtube/FanArt contest 🔥 Bitsler.com Birthday! - page 2. (Read 599 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
At the end of the day, they are the sponsors of the contest, so they have the choice to pick whichever entry they felt pleased them... You can't do anything about that.

If you have ever participated in contents then you should be well aware that not every body will win the prize. No need to waste time complaining because it still won't change who the winners were.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308
Get your game girl
Looks like you're butthurt because you didn't win. What are you going on about? Did you participate in the contest? Can you show us your video?

Regardless of whatever the contest rules are, it's really upto the contest owners to determine the winners. BitSler's team isn't one of those shady sites that will participate in the contest with their own accounts for a few BTC's. Maybe they didn't follow the rules, maybe they used the template but at the end of the day, if it pleases the team, it's upto them how they distribute the prizes. A legend once said Life is unfair, don't whine about it.
Activity: 12
Merit: 13
Imagine giving 1st place to someone who literally paid someone else to make an entry for them
Yeah literally what happened, pretty sad for those who spent hours and hours making their entries.

I wonder, Is it possible for everyone to have different points of view about originality? Is it possible that someone will have different definition about originality with others? Are there standards for it?
I agree that may be possible. For me, using a template where you just have to insert texts and images to obtain your video isn't original at all, but others could think differently.

But, although I complained about that, it's not the main issue here. The real problem is that more than half of the winners didn't meet all the rules of the contest, and that doesn't depend on "taste".

It doesn't matter if your work is 100% original or a template, everyone should follow the rules, especially the Bitsler staff.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
I wonder, Is it possible for everyone to have different points of view about originality? Is it possible that someone will have different definition about originality with others? Are there standards for it?
Activity: 279
Merit: 109
reputation on reddit (for trades): bit.ly/3ja8HFK
Imagine giving 1st place to someone who literally paid someone else to make an entry for them

Activity: 12
Merit: 13
I will continue the discussion in this new topic, as the OP closed the other one so nobody else could complain (original topic).

There were 80 entries and there can only be 10 winners unfortunately. The admins chose the winners and the winners are final. Better luck next time Smiley

What an unfair contest.

Not only they took 2 more days than planned to announce the winners (which would have been fine, if they at least gave prior notice about that, and they didn't), but most of the winners' entries simply have horrible quality. There were many good videos and images than didn't win anything, and they were way better than the works of the actual winners.

But that's not the worst thing here, the worst thing is that most of the winners didn't meet all the requirements for the contest. If you are going to set rules, you can at least follow them and not give prizes to those that didn't follow the contest's rules.

These are the rules: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53138108

They wanted "original" content, and the first place is a video template, great!

The videos had to last between 30 seconds and 5 minutes, and there were winners with less than 30 seconds and more than 5 minutes.

And there were also some required text to put in the title and description of the videos, and some of the winners didn't do that.

Full list:
- 1st place: Made with a video template, it's not original. It doesn't say "Gambling" in the description.
- 3rd place: Made with an image template, it's not original.
- 6th place: More than 5 minutes. It doesn't say "Gambling" in the description.
- 7th place: It doesn't say "Gambling" in the description.
- 8th place: Less than 30 seconds.
- 9th place: Made with a video template, it's not original. It doesn't say "Gambling" in the description.

So, 6 out of 10 entries didn't follow the rules, wow.

Besides all of this, a couple of the winners clearly used multiaccounts to boost their likes and comments, nice.

Next time you make a contest, follow your own rules Bitsler, it's not that hard, I did all the rule checks of the winners in 5 minutes. You took 2 extra days for that, so we can at the very least expect that all the winners followed the rules.

I don't expect to change the results with this post or whatever, I just wanted to say how unfair and poorly ran the contest was.

Many spent several hours editing nice videos or creating great images, and they also followed the rules, so next time don't waste our time with your unfair contests, follow your own rules.
Pages:
Jump to: