Pages:
Author

Topic: [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival! KGW, POS/POW hybrid [TRADING ON CRYPTSY] - page 3. (Read 51743 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Hi community,

I've compiled the wallet from source, it is fully synced now.

But when i issue a "galaxycoind getinfo" i get this: "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Download a newer client version."

Source files are 2 years old, so i'm sure i'm using the latest wallet available to download

This is the version info i get:

"version" : "v2.0.0.0",
    "protocolversion" : 60008,
    "walletversion" : 60000,

How can i solve this?

Thank you.
As far as I know you are using the proper client cause my client is the v.2.0.0.0 as well I assume the checkpoints being too old is just a mishap on the developers side but the wallet works perfectly fine for me and awesome to see people mining the coin again and the chain and the POS working again as well Cheesy Cheers
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hi community,

I've compiled the wallet from source, it is fully synced now.

But when i issue a "galaxycoind getinfo" i get this: "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Download a newer client version."

Source files are 2 years old, so i'm sure i'm using the latest wallet available to download

This is the version info i get:

"version" : "v2.0.0.0",
    "protocolversion" : 60008,
    "walletversion" : 60000,

How can i solve this?

Thank you.
Activity: 217
Merit: 102
I hear ya.  NOMP pool without frontend does not give you any visibility.   If there is more interest,  I'll setup the MPOS front-end. This should give you the visibility your looking for.

NOMP is OK, it was AlcheMiner problem... or bfgminer. A2 and Gridseeds are working ok.

PS: using my own NOMP pool modded for solomine
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Put a 200Mh miner - but the NOMP works really strange... I even can't say is it mining or not... some shares goes and it stucks. Will try an A2 Terminator now.

I hear ya.  NOMP pool without frontend does not give you any visibility.   If there is more interest,  I'll setup the MPOS front-end. This should give you the visibility your looking for.

url:   stratum+tcp://hobbyistpool.ddns.net:8341
      username: Your Galaxycoin Address
      password: Anything
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Should I long-term support this coin?
The A2 solved a block! Looks like the AlcheMiner have some problems even with a new bfgmier on such coins
Put a 200Mh miner - but the NOMP works really strange... I even can't say is it mining or not... some shares goes and it stucks. Will try an A2 Terminator now.
So is there anyone else trying to mine this coin besides me? I'm just curious because we got to get that difficulty back down so the chain will stay moving good cause if someone just steps in for a bit with a bunch of hash and makes the diff go right up there then it takes forever for us smaller miners to ever solve the block and start working on getting the diff back down again lol Just saying....
Activity: 499
I can get the basics for a pool together in short order.  Basic NOMP without web-frontend.  Will that be OK?

Edit:  Uploaded "Galaxycoin bootstrap-971680.zip" - Bootstrap.dat file up to block 971680

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1XWTNNbRnggam5YM0ZvNmJJcTQ/view?usp=sharing

Edit2:  Basic NOMP pool available

If there is enough interest, I'll add the MPOS frontend.

You can try the above bootstrap.dat.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hi,

Is the blockchain available somewhere to download?

Wallet sync is taking a long time.
60 - 90 MH/s should get the chain moving again Smiley  But when you leave, It will be at a high diff again. 

If you can, take the diff down slow when you leave Smiley

As for connection issues on the pool,  I had a brief network outage.  Restored now.  Pool has only 600 kh on it.

or stratum+tcp://76.95.178.229:8341

Nice well I can try to bring the difficulty down slowly again I suppose now that there is a pool again Cheesy Thanks mate Cheesy
60 - 90 MH/s should get the chain moving again Smiley  But when you leave, It will be at a high diff again. 

If you can, take the diff down slow when you leave Smiley

As for connection issues on the pool,  I had a brief network outage.  Restored now.  Pool has only 600 kh on it.

or stratum+tcp://76.95.178.229:8341

Will test for some time with 60-90Mh ASIC Smiley
solomine? - was doing it some time ago when the diff was very-very low...

And the Galaxycoin is a PoW+PoS - so looks like there is some problem with the wallet itself - PoS is not working without PoW... Because I have wallet running for PoS - but it is stuck...

Have a NOMP for solomine needs, can look if I can add GLX for public... but I'll not promise.
Thanks ya that would be great cause I don't have the hashing power to solomine at this difficulty and if there was a pool I would gladly rent a bit of hash to get it moving again till the difficulty went lower ya know
Cheers
solomine? - was doing it some time ago when the diff was very-very low...

And the Galaxycoin is a PoW+PoS - so looks like there is some problem with the wallet itself - PoS is not working without PoW... Because I have wallet running for PoS - but it is stuck...

Have a NOMP for solomine needs, can look if I can add GLX for public... but I'll not promise.
Is it possible that someone could possibly get a pool steadily running for this coin? I am just wondering cause I was mining at the hobbyist pool earlier today but then it started telling me that it couldn't connect to that pool anymore and now my wallet is synced but has been stuck with a difficulty of 35 and on block 973471 and I would love to keep this coin moving and get more people interested into mining this coin Cheesy
Chain is moving.  Cryptsy and my local wallet are at height 973471.

I've put a bit-o-hash on the pool and have received payouts.  Thanks Hobbyist.
Yes I as well have thrown some hash to get the chain moving Smiley Thanks again Hobbyist!! Awesome work Cheesy Also would someone be able to tell me what the min staking age is for this coin? I would just like to know so I know how long I gotta keep mining for before my coins start maturing and getting staking rewards Cheesy Cheers
Activity: 499
Chain is moving.  Cryptsy and my local wallet are at height 973471.

I've put a bit-o-hash on the pool and have received payouts.  Thanks Hobbyist.
I can get the basics for a pool together in short order.  Basic NOMP without web-frontend.  Will that be OK?

Edit:  Uploaded "Galaxycoin bootstrap-971680.zip" - Bootstrap.dat file up to block 971680

So hopefully mining at this pool will help get the chain moving again for Galaxycoin past the 972108 block it seemed to be stuck on then? I really hope so that would be GREAT cause I'd love to start mining some of these coins Cheesy

Pages:
Jump to: