Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed - page 32. (Read 204903 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
This one is not being used as a miner at the moment.  Grin

I only made it, because of the claims that this algo is GPU resistant. Well... it is not and probably no matter what kind of algo they come out with, GPU will always have slight advantage over CPU. Simply because, it is better in parallel computations. And if you make single hash calculation very expensive so that it has hard times running on GPU, then even CPUs will struggle, not to mention older PCs with slower CPUs - that would render wallet not being useful anymore.

GTX 980 Ti uses 200W (at wall) to produce ~1.3 kH/s. CPU using same power produces ~0.4 kH/s. GPU is therefore approx 3 times more efficient.

Well my miner hashes at ~600H/s with E5-1650v3 @ 115W, that is pretty close to your efficiency. Smiley
And will this miner be open to public or kept private?

I'm not sure, all I know is that I want to get paid for the countless hours that went into optimizing the miner.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
I want to know when dev will update ?

Implementing a total revision of POS is going to take quite a while....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NwP3wes4M8
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
I want to know when dev will update ?
Activity: 736

I only made it, because of the claims that this algo is GPU resistant. Well... it is not and probably no matter what kind of algo they come out with, GPU will always have slight advantage over CPU. Simply because, it is better in parallel computations. And if you make single hash calculation very expensive so that it has hard times running on GPU, then even CPUs will struggle, not to mention older PCs with slower CPUs - that would render wallet not being useful anymore.

GTX 980 Ti uses 200W (at wall) to produce ~1.3 kH/s. CPU using same power produces ~0.4 kH/s. GPU is therefore approx 3 times more efficient.

Well my miner hashes at ~600H/s with E5-1650v3 @ 115W, that is pretty close to your efficiency. Smiley
And will this miner be open to public or kept private?
Activity: 616

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
How long does it take for you guys to sync from scratch and how much cpu usage does it take?
Is there any plans for making syncing more easy on low end computers?
How long will it take when/if coin is 1year old??

Happy staking!
IW

There is a bootstrap available.
Yes iknow, question have other motives for finding out this.
IW
legendary
Activity: 1139
Merit: 1000
TRUSTplus Dev

GTX has much overhead than 200W, costs about $500 each card and creates a ton of kelvin.  You are thinking a little small.  When you have a blade server, you can produce 600 h/s at 150W per blade at $450 each, very little heat, plus my devices don't lose value as quick as a GPU.  You haven't quite caught up to me until you hit about 2500 h/s according to all the factors.

Long and the short, you should buy blades rather than GPUs.  GPU miners fade fast, X11 is over.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
How long does it take for you guys to sync from scratch and how much cpu usage does it take?

Happy staking!
IW

There is a bootstrap available.

Happy staking!
IW
Activity: 209
Merit: 100

IT IS GPU RESISTANT I TELL YA!  Angry

WE'LL JUST FORK IT AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT ..........

AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT

GPU'S WONT BE ABLE TO KEEP UP.. Kiss AND GUESS WHAT? WE'LL FUCKIN FORK IT AGAIN TO MAKE IT DOUBLE GPU RESISTANT............SOON.

EHH...  GUESS WE WILL NEED A DEV FOR THE FORKS AND THEN WE'LL FORK IT  Grin

We had a very minor update in IRC today:

11:05:31 AxiomCrypto are you the dev?
12:01:55 <@AxiomCrypto> no I'm not the actual programmer, only part of the small team
12:02:19 <@AxiomCrypto> @darkpill
12:02:48 OK will dev update today?
12:03:08 <@AxiomCrypto> no he is working too slow and making us upset
12:03:45 <@AxiomCrypto> but it's hard work so i understand
12:03:58 working on whitepaper or actual code?
12:04:03 <@AxiomCrypto> both
12:04:29 just that the ANN said there would be roadmap update this week
12:06:11 <@AxiomCrypto> we expected the whitepaper done the past monday ... lead dev does not communicate well now
Activity: 209
Merit: 100

IT IS GPU RESISTANT I TELL YA!  Angry

WE'LL JUST FORK IT AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT ..........

AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT  AND FORK IT

GPU'S WONT BE ABLE TO KEEP UP.. Kiss AND GUESS WHAT? WE'LL FUCKIN FORK IT AGAIN TO MAKE IT DOUBLE GPU RESISTANT............SOON.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Would you open source?.. you are not the first one to show gpu mining, would be nice if someone gave miner to coin
Activity: 588
Merit: 520

legendary
Activity: 924
Did some CUDA miner improvements. Single GPU speed:

Combined with CPU

As you can see, GPU miners are not incredibly faster, only 2-3 fold times. When taking power consumption into consideration, this ratio is decreased.
Is this miner out for the public ?
Just got back home from vaccation and have not been following this for a while.

No its annoying because people like him like to brag and show it off but won't share it. If you have one thats fine but dont shove it in our faces.
Activity: 687
Merit: 502

Combined with CPU

As you can see, GPU miners are not incredibly faster, only 2-3 fold times. When taking power consumption into consideration, this ratio is decreased.
Is this miner out for the public ?
Just got back home from vaccation and have not been following this for a while.
Activity: 588
Merit: 520

Combined with CPU

Activity: 1022
Wow staking weight has gone up a lot now 700k

That's because a lot of people sold there coins too cheaply and the buyers are now staking. It sucks as I was enjoying the low POS difficulty

legendary
Activity: 1139
TRUSTplus Dev
https://github.com/axiomcryptocurrency/axiom/blob/master/src/main.hLine#54

static const int64_t COIN_YEAR_REWARD = 1 * CENT; // 1% per year

https://github.com/axiomcryptocurrency/axiom/blob/master/src/main.cppLine#45

unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 4 * 60 * 60; // 4 hours

No max age?
Activity: 560
Pages: