Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: [BPM] Bitcoin Project of the Month 2012-11: Nominations - page 3. (Read 9494 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
I contacted thallium205 and it turns out blockviewer is public and nonprofit. Glad to have blockviewer as the next nominee.

Blockviewer is a strong argument to use "coin control". Sounds like thallium is going to pull more info out of the chain and even make it pretty. Wink
legendary
I agree that Armory and OT should be on the list.  

OT may not be limited to Bitcoin transactions but I see it as becoming very important for the Bitcoin economy.

/edit  Namecoin may have that potential as well as OT but I haven't seen much happening with it lately. 

ok, I will put it up and let everyone decide.

as much as I am into Namecoin (see sig) I think it needs to wait for the next big thing.
legendary
Oh, I just realized this is "project of the month".  I won't un-nominate myself, but I think it makes more sense for Armory to be nominated when it actually goes Beta... probably next month.

your choice Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
cbitcoin now has a website: http://cbitcoin.com/

So it would be good if that was included alongside an updated description for the vote.  Wink
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
As far as I understand Open Transactions is not directly Bitcoin related?

Well you probably don't understand it very much.

That's why I'm asking.

By that logic, you should probably state that only projects you understand as a further criteria on the front page then.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
Oh, I just realized this is "project of the month".  I won't un-nominate myself, but I think it makes more sense for Armory to be nominated when it actually goes Beta... probably next month.

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000
My money; Our Bitcoin.
I agree that Armory and OT should be on the list.  

OT may not be limited to Bitcoin transactions but I see it as becoming very important for the Bitcoin economy.

/edit  Namecoin may have that potential as well as OT but I haven't seen much happening with it lately. 
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
Am I allowed to nominate my own project?  Tongue

sure, but I go first Cheesy

Thanks for nominating my project then. ;-)

I think Armory deserves nomination too.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
Can I nominate myself?  I'm disappointed to see Armory is left off the list, given that it is the only solution out there that provides cold storage in a user-friendly way.  And given the astounding number of compromises that could've been avoided by using cold storage, I think highlighting the fact that cold storage is available with an easy-to-use interface would be extremely valuable to the community.

And it's not like that's the only benefit of Armory.  One-time paper backups (because wallets are deterministic) is another dramatic improvement over Bitcoin-Qt, even though it's not unique to Armory.  And of course there is key importing and sweeping, message signing, GPU-resistant wallet encryption, URL-handling, and watching-only wallets.

While Armory is technically still "alpha", it's due to user interface and setup issues, not security or stability.  I know a few users that keep 1000+ BTC in Armory because it has demonstrated extreme reliability and so far no one has ever lost coins using it.  Not to mention, BitcoinOPX was using it for their financial trading platform (though, they are gone, now).  Armory should be "beta" within a couple weeks, even though most users already treat it as beta+.

legendary
Activity: 1022
If you field Multibit, you should also do so with the other wallets, like armory, electrum, etc.

I also would like to see blockviewer in the ring.
legendary

That's why I'm asking.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

Activity: 868
When bitinstant credit card comes to life, I want to be able to vote for it, as it truly will be the project of the month for Bitcoin.

By the way why commercial project aren't allowed?

legendary

Nominee #3: MultiBit
MultiBit is a secure, lightweight, international Bitcoin wallet for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Its primary focus is being fast and easy to use, even for people with no technical knowledge. It has a YouTube channel to help you learn the software, and includes helpful features such as an exchange rate ticker. MultiBit supports many languages such as German, Spanish and Greek.
MultiBit synchronizes with the network much faster than Bitcoin-Qt and should be ready for you to use within a few minutes. This is a good choice for non technical users who want an easy to use experience, especially if you use a Mac.
MultiBit is free and open source

http://multibit.org/
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
Christ they are all so good.

I love multibit and promote it to everyone i speak to but for nomination it is a tie between

OpenTransactions and OpenPay.

I cant keep my head away from thinking these two projects together are the answer to all life's problems...

I'd second a nomination on OpenTransactions as well.  Even though it's not what we need for OpenPay, it's still a great project with lots of potential.
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
Christ they are all so good.

I love multibit and promote it to everyone i speak to but for nomination it is a tie between

OpenTransactions and OpenPay.

I cant keep my head away from thinking these two projects together are the answer to all life's problems...
Activity: 154
Merit: 102
Thanks for the nomination for OpenPay.  OpenPay isn't in a state right now where I feel it's worthy of the honor of nomination yet, so I'm doubly honored.

Personally I think MultiBit is a much better candidate for project of the month.  It's the best wallet going, hands down.

As for the comment about BitInstant vs OpenPay being in competition.  I don't see there being any real competition.  OpenPay is an attempt to create a whole new payment network similar to MasterCard or Visa using existing tech, to take your bitcoins from cyberspace to meatspace.  BitInstant appears to be attempting to become a card issuer for the MasterCard network.  I think there is far more room for co-operation than competition.  There is a natural symbiosis here.

I do agree that the nominations should include commercial as well as non-commercial projects, but that's up to the OP. Wink
legendary
I nominate Bitinstant's paycard:

http://codinginmysleep.com/6-8-weeks-until-bitcoin-debitcredit-card-says-bitinstant/

I know,  this project was discussed this month a lot - FOR A REASON! It'll make it so much easier to use bitcoins in daily live purchases, lower the entry barrier for a broader public and help bring bitcoin to mainstream adoption.
Currently commercial projects are not allowed. Should that be changed? Second category?

Let's Vote Instantly!
Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1022
I nominate Bitinstant's paycard:

http://codinginmysleep.com/6-8-weeks-until-bitcoin-debitcredit-card-says-bitinstant/

I know,  this project was discussed this month a lot - FOR A REASON! It'll make it so much easier to use bitcoins in daily live purchases, lower the entry barrier for a broader public and help bring bitcoin to mainstream adoption.

Let's Vote Instantly!

LOL, let's then nominate all vapourware projects... Remember, these guys have not delivered anything yet!

There already are anonymous visa/mastercards, which you can use pretty easily with bitcoin...

yeah at mad conditions

Also how many projects are mere vapour ware to this date? Some that come to mind:
- ASICs
- Ellet
- Bitcoin card (or whatever that other physical wallet was called)
- kronos.io
- decentralized exchanges
Pages:
Jump to: