Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: "Good morning ladies and gentlemen" - page 2. (Read 277 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
I imagine it goes along the lines of the criminalization of the white heterosexual male that we can see for a few years now. Kind of like Clint Eastwood. Nowadays if you want to be the protagonist of a movie you better be trans or gay, vegan, mulatto and with hair of various phosphorescent colors.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 158
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
We are now in a strange world where you can't start a speech with the phrase "Good morning ladies and gentlemen"
~

Can someone explain to me exactly how this is taboo? It sounds very illogical to me.

(Did not want to derail main topic)

It is not really a taboo, just to be sure that you are ready to defend yourself whenever you encounter some people who will fight for "How about the transgender, gay, lesbian, etc"

I support the community for giving them rights that is supposed to be given to them but being taken. But it is too much, and I'm ready to fight back whenever this would happen to me  Wink
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
It's a common anti-SJW tactic to claim that SJWs (which are a poorly-defined group in the first place) are trying to "ban" certain practices on the grounds that they're "offensive" to certain minorities (in this case transgender and non-binary people), despite said minorities usually not actually being offended or wanting anything banned. They're just trying to make SJWs look bad by stirring up drama where none exists. See also: the "War on Christmas" and the more-or-less complete lack of fucks given by actual religious people of various denominations about whether people say "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays", for example.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1104
it's not really taboo to say it. but it is somewhat taboo or offensive in some parts of the world because of the identity politics and SJW stuff going on in the US or other western or European countries. if a well-known person or almost anyone says that at public gatherings and such, there is ought to be someone who is going to complain about it and say discrimination for leaving out other genders that exist.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
We are now in a strange world where you can't start a speech with the phrase "Good morning ladies and gentlemen"
~

Can someone explain to me exactly how this is taboo? It sounds very illogical to me.

(Did not want to derail main topic)
Pages:
Jump to: