Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: How (and why) to use the Relay Network - page 16. (Read 653 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I'm trying this with P2Pool and Armory, Linux Mint 17 64-bit. I'm seeing "Unable to resolve relay peer hostname" messages in the terminal window. Are these errors or normal operation?
Sounds like you mis-typed the relay node server (or your DNS is messed up)?

Yep. I missed the "relay" in the address string. Checked it a couple of times before I posted, but missed both times. Thank you!
Activity: 755
Merit: 515
I'm trying this with P2Pool and Armory, Linux Mint 17 64-bit. I'm seeing "Unable to resolve relay peer hostname" messages in the terminal window. Are these errors or normal operation?
Sounds like you mis-typed the relay node server (or your DNS is messed up)?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator
yep, -phread after works
October 15, 2014, 11:08:44 PM
Oops, I didn't spot the defines. However -pthread has to be after client.cpp for it to work.
Oh after, ok, willdo.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
October 15, 2014, 10:47:30 PM
Running of the c++ client now fails to run on linux due to the position of the -pthread linking with the error:
Code:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::system_error'
what():  Enable multithreading to use std::thread: Operation not permitte

Repositioning the -pthread here makes it work:
Code:
g++ -std=c++11 -Wall -I. -I/usr/include ./client.cpp -pthread ./flaggedarrayset.cpp ./utils.cpp ./p2pclient.cpp ./crypto/sha2.cpp -o relaynetworkclient

Probably should at least add -O2 to default build too
Huh? Which branch are you building from???
Master is https://github.com/TheBlueMatt/RelayNode/blob/master/c%2B%2B/make.sh which (unless you run with ./make test) has DEFINES set to -O2 and -flto, and -pthread is before any code?
Oops, I didn't spot the defines. However -pthread has to be after client.cpp for it to work.
October 15, 2014, 10:43:43 PM
Running of the c++ client now fails to run on linux due to the position of the -pthread linking with the error:
Code:

Code:
g++ -std=c++11 -Wall -I. -I/usr/include ./client.cpp -pthread ./flaggedarrayset.cpp ./utils.cpp ./p2pclient.cpp ./crypto/sha2.cpp -o relaynetworkclient

Huh? Which branch are you building from???
Master is https://github.com/TheBlueMatt/RelayNode/blob/master/c%2B%2B/make.sh which (unless you run with ./make test) has DEFINES set to -O2 and -flto, and -pthread is before any code?
October 15, 2014, 10:31:25 PM
Are you hitting the maximum sockets limit or something? maybe you could restart them automatically every day or so for the time being
No, the issue y'all are seeing is that, if the thread handling the trusted bitcoind hangs or otherwise dies, it cant do its async connection reaping and, thus, people get disconnected as duplicate connections from the same IP if their connection gets reset somehow...Of course to fix this I need to actually figure out why its hanging/deadlocking/dying...
Activity: 252
Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator
October 15, 2014, 08:15:04 AM
yup same with Singapore node. both my p2pool nodes have out of cache errors as well.
Seems to be a bug when run for too long they start disconnecting new peers with that...I'm trying to figure out why, but, for now, they should all work atm.
Are you hitting the maximum sockets limit or something? maybe you could restart them automatically every day or so for the time being
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
October 15, 2014, 05:25:18 AM
Code:

Code:

Activity: 308
Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool
October 14, 2014, 11:55:13 PM
yup same with Singapore node. both my p2pool nodes have out of cache errors as well.
Seems to be a bug when run for too long they start disconnecting new peers with that...I'm trying to figure out why, but, for now, they should all work atm.

it seems to cause p2pool to fall over as well. thats anecdotal of course so can't say for sure but the syptoms seem to line up on both nodes.
This one makes no sense...The way it was integrated into p2pool was to just kick off a thread and let it connect to bitcoind (not even to p2pool). Unless it hung python or hung your bitcoind, I dont see how this is possible.
yeah liek i said anecdotal, i wanted to be clear on that. I'll do some more testing.
October 14, 2014, 11:53:16 PM

it seems to cause p2pool to fall over as well. thats anecdotal of course so can't say for sure but the syptoms seem to line up on both nodes.
This one makes no sense...The way it was integrated into p2pool was to just kick off a thread and let it connect to bitcoind (not even to p2pool). Unless it hung python or hung your bitcoind, I dont see how this is possible.
October 14, 2014, 10:48:33 PM

October 14, 2014, 05:02:33 PM
Will new versions of the relay client be announced somewhere? (here maybe?)
Major updates will, yes.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
October 14, 2014, 04:51:58 PM
Will new versions of the relay client be announced somewhere? (here maybe?)
October 14, 2014, 04:07:06 PM
So to build a relaynetwork between two nodes one could do the following:

Node 1: 10.0.0.1
bitcoind
relaynetworkserver
relaynetworkproxy 127.0.0.1 10.0.0.2

Node 2: 10.0.0.2
bitcoind
relaynetworkserver 127.0.0.1 8333

On node 2 I could also just run the relaynetworkclient also.
On node 1 (or 2) I could also add a relaynetworkproxy 127.0.0.1  public.REGION.relay.mattcorallo.com to connect to your network?

Questions:
Would the server also updated the local bitcoind with new tx/blocks?
Do I need the terminator at each node also?  The servers shows less errors when it is running?
Also let me know if you are not happy with me trying this out.

Why not just run two relay node clients from your different nodes? If they're on the same network (or very close to each other, ie you can just be running a regular bitcoin p2p connection between them, try the branch at https://github.com/TheBlueMatt/RelayNode/tree/for-w, which has code to connect to multiple local mining pool instances and relay between them and to the relay network, with a full bitcoind receiving blocks/txn from the network.
October 14, 2014, 04:03:37 PM
Activity: 362
Merit: 262
October 14, 2014, 09:18:19 AM
So to build a relaynetwork between two nodes one could do the following:

Node 1: 10.0.0.1
bitcoind
relaynetworkserver
relaynetworkproxy 127.0.0.1 10.0.0.2

Node 2: 10.0.0.2
bitcoind
relaynetworkserver 127.0.0.1 8333

On node 2 I could also just run the relaynetworkclient also.
On node 1 (or 2) I could also add a relaynetworkproxy 127.0.0.1  public.REGION.relay.mattcorallo.com to connect to your network?

Questions:
Would the server also updated the local bitcoind with new tx/blocks?
Do I need the terminator at each node also?  The servers shows less errors when it is running?
Also let me know if you are not happy with me trying this out.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
October 14, 2014, 05:00:11 AM
EU node trotting along nicely.......
October 14, 2014, 03:57:17 AM
Same here with us-east now. Us-west seems to work fine at this time.
Now?
Pages:
Jump to: