Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: Is Bitcoin ethical? - page 3. (Read 409 times)

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
April 08, 2018, 05:34:57 PM

Nobody is going to get rich overnight with 0.00001 currency, let's work to make that capital increase and believe in the potential of cryptomoedas

Bigger capital can make good profit even in the short run but if you have small amount to start then better to be more patient and hold on it in the long run. We should keep on supporting this kind of technology so the next generation can still enjoy this amazing technology.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
April 08, 2018, 05:32:50 PM
Bitcoin doesn't create any bigger gap for wealth person, in fact BTC is the one that going to narrow that gap, there are a lot chances to make profit from BTC and there are no limitation for anyone to invest in BTC, and Bitcoin is just a tool, it doesn't harm anyone to used it
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
April 08, 2018, 04:09:43 PM
Ethics is a very relative concept but according to me bitcoin is definitely ethical. It is a chance for young people who are very enthusiastic and knows about technology very well to earn from bitcoin and become rich at this young age. This is an investment opportunity for those those enthusiastic youth who loves to take risks.
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
April 07, 2018, 07:18:00 AM
We all need to be responsible in our own action. Bitcoin will only be unethical if one abuses this new system of currency. Cryptocurrencies has been conceptalize to improve the present system.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
April 07, 2018, 07:12:25 AM
From what I see you're seeing getting rich as unethical? Is that it OP?
You mentioned anonymity as a positive factor and the younger generation becoming rich as the negative one. In my understanding of ethics you aren't supposed to take advantage of others, but ethics have nothing to do with equality. Live and let others live.
Activity: 17
April 07, 2018, 06:09:42 AM
Bitcoin is neutral. Same as cash. It's up to users how it's used. To make it ethical, must always use properly and legally. In order to make earnings more gladly.
Activity: 60
April 07, 2018, 06:07:51 AM
yes, as long as we are not using bitcoin in scam or any fraudulent transactions that will harm other people then I could say the bitcoin is ethical. As we all know, anonymity is present here. one can always hide his identity which will make it easier for scammers to transact their business.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
April 07, 2018, 06:04:15 AM
It's an emotionless tool. Such things do not have ethics. It's those pesky humans who ruin everything. And if they find a millimetre of advantage they'll open it until it's a mile wide.

And yes, I think it'll create a wealth gap. Some people are just doomed to hand over their money to others no matter what form that money takes.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
April 07, 2018, 06:02:11 AM
But at this stage it isn’t clear if Bitcoin is just creating a new wealth gap, present across a younger tech-savvy generation.

no bitcoin is not doing that at all.

bitcoin like many other things in this world is a new technology that is gaining popularity and because of that and also the fact that there is usage for bitcoin, it is gaining value.
those who took the huge risk of investing sooner are getting the reward for their risk. that doesn't change the "wealth gap". these people are wise enough to make money even without bitcoin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 106
April 07, 2018, 06:01:49 AM
I’m not a tech savvy person even I’m still young and most that I know in this field of investment. We are just ordinary citizens and that is the advantage of cryptocurrency, you don’t need have to be the well educated person to be wealthy.  

Ethical standards in stock market doesn’t even present what more in a revolutionary coin that is created to face and destroy the righteous entitled banker officials that who thinks they have the right to abuse us.
Activity: 728
Merit: 103
April 07, 2018, 05:55:38 AM
It is an opportunity for the young to use their technical knowledge and invest early to get rich later in life. The property boom is over and the older population benefited from it. Now it is the time for crypto to boom so they'd better get on board now before it is too late.
Activity: 82
April 07, 2018, 05:51:01 AM
We know that ethics and sustainability are in the eye of the beholder. What one person thinks is ethical or sustainable may be different to someone else.Depending on which side of the fence you sit, there is an argument that the anonymity that Bitcoin transactions bring are a benefit to heavily surveillance societies. But at this stage it isn’t clear if Bitcoin is just creating a new wealth gap, present across a younger tech-savvy generation.
Pages:
Jump to: