Pages:
Author

Topic: Readdit Karma whores=Bitcointalk merit whores :) - page 2. (Read 440 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 702
(re-posting old content for the sake of gaining more karma,etc)
Some members of Bitcointalk have a similar approach towards Merit.
Don't know about Reddit rules that much but I think they should have some rules.
But over here on Bitcoin talk if you reposting old content it would be regarded as plagiarism unless you put reference or quote.

So rather than making a thread for merit whores or so you can report to the moderators if you think they reposted an old content
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
Whores, whores everywhere.

Using old content, and passing it off as your own will get you banned, and if you're supplying a source very rarely do they get merited. Usually, only the unique responses get merited or at least get a high amount of merit. The difference between Reddit, and the forum is Reddit encourages lower quality content while the forum actually encourages in depth discussion. I've never been able to get on with Reddit.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
What would be the purpose of the thread?
Ridicule certain folks? Make fun of them? Discourage them from posting?

To me i think it isn't necessary. It will only bring more grudges/drama which isn't good for the community. Usually when someone re posts content. They are  informed that there is another existing similar thread which i personally think is enough  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I'm not sure it's the same thing.
I have limited experience in Reddit, but I don't know of real use for that Karma.
On the other hand on Bitcointalk the merit is necessary for ranking up, and higher ranks translate into admission and higher pay at bounties.

So imho while Merit is useful, Karma is not.

Edit: I was told that karma has an use, it's the entrance for certain sub-reddits. But this post reflects also only one of (many) uses of Merit (and ranking). See my explanations here.
So probably a more fair conclusion could be "Merit is more useful than Karma"?
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
 A karma whore is a Reddit user,who deliberately uses Reddit to boost his karma score by applying different tricks(re-posting old content for the sake of gaining more karma,etc)
Some members of Bitcointalk have a similar approach towards Merit.
Can we create a list of all "Merit whores" on Bitcointalk?
You can submit your suggestions below.
Pages:
Jump to: