Pages:
Author

Topic: Real life utility question - page 5. (Read 510 times)

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
March 03, 2022, 10:34:38 AM
Is crypto now more than a speculative asset or just the same old thing based on hypes only because it seems like real life use case is far from crypto, we want it to happen for real but it's really not happening, what is stopping this from happening already.
It is happening gradually and may need few decades to become completely accepted, look Ukraine government itself is asking the donations in the cryptocurrencies which is a real life use case right but for individual it is still speculative asset and it may be like that for very long time.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
March 03, 2022, 10:31:18 AM
Crypto needs real-world regulations to get to that stage in our world but still I doubt it will happen, BTC for example is a decentralized crypto project that is why I feel like crypto purpose was to stay hidden and private in the first place and since centralized power rule the world people aren't ready to embrace crypto fully in the open but only in private.

I think the paradigm is shifting already that bitcoin is taking the center stage with the recent awareness and use of bitcoin as an asset and flow of financial exchange.
But bitcoin is not privately used because it is openn source through the blockchain.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 282
tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/
March 03, 2022, 10:21:54 AM
In some places, crypto already has its real life use case but in the majority, it is not. What is stopping Crypto from its real life use case is regulation, as of now many people see it as a speculative object. They claimed it can endanger a country's economy and bring instability to the system if it can be used as a real object under regulation.
I bet it will keep like this until virtual reality comes up and becomes a thing, since virtual reality requires a digital currency and they are forced to make a regulation that fits the era.

It is just a guess but who knows what might happen in the future.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
March 03, 2022, 10:18:31 AM
Is it crypto which is the problem or is it human? Stable coins was created and those can be used by merchants if they want although I don't recommend it for personal reasons. But it is there. It's 1:1. So they won't have any problem with volatility but we don't see much merchants who post signs of "USDT accepted here". In my experience, I haven't seen one.
So, I have a feeling it's not crypto that is the problem but the courage to use it despite the volatility.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 03, 2022, 10:12:10 AM
Is crypto now more than a speculative asset or just the same old thing based on hypes only because it seems like real life use case is far from crypto, we want it to happen for real but it's really not happening, what is stopping this from happening already.

Probably, but I don't think it's going to take off in one fell swoop. I think it's going to be a lot of different things. It's going to be a lot of different use cases, both on the consumer side and the business side.

Crypto already has real life use cases. I just think those are largely in the early stages and crypto hasn't really reached its full potential as a store of value or transfer of value. Bitcoin really only has two applications in the real world: it's a payment system or a speculative investment. Most people, though, aren't paying for things with bitcoin. I think that's something that's going to be a huge growth driver for the industry and the protocol.

I think the real movement is going to be around the lower and middle classes of the world who aren't super wealthy but they want to participate in the growth of crypto.
Activity: 227
Merit: 12
March 03, 2022, 09:56:43 AM
Crypto needs real-world regulations to get to that stage in our world but still I doubt it will happen, BTC for example is a decentralized crypto project that is why I feel like crypto purpose was to stay hidden and private in the first place and since centralized power rule the world people aren't ready to embrace crypto fully in the open but only in private.
Activity: 120
Merit: 15
March 03, 2022, 09:53:45 AM
Pages:
Jump to: