Pages:
Author

Topic: Real Time MtGox Order Book - page 4. (Read 26716 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100
August 12, 2011, 10:24:03 PM
This is really cool.

Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Always verify deals with me through my public key!
August 12, 2011, 07:42:07 PM
Clark, I remember watching you time sales page during the boom and the bust in July, never seen anything so cool in my life as watching those numbers fly. The order book is even more awesome when there is tonnes of activity, the calculator is just the cherry on the cake!

Thanks,
Will send on some btc when I buy some next.
Activity: 548
Merit: 502
So much code.
August 11, 2011, 02:15:40 PM
Thanks for the update with the calculator feature, I just sent you another 0.50 BTC.

Awesome!

I think people will find it very useful.
Activity: 176
Merit: 106
XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.
August 10, 2011, 08:58:26 PM
Thanks for the update with the calculator feature, I just sent you another 0.50 BTC.
So much code.
August 10, 2011, 02:55:36 PM
Clark, your Real Time Order Book page is just awesome (as are your other Bitcoin pages).  I tried to program something like that myself a few months ago and couldn't come close.  Your page is exactly what I was trying to achieve and I failed miserably.  If I were Mr. Gox I would offer you a job.

Thanks very much!

As a side note, I have now added a real-time calculator to the order book. A longer description is in the first post in this thread.

Enjoy!
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
August 06, 2011, 01:07:45 PM
I think Chrome 12 (stable) was the last version to enable websockets, although I'm not 100% sure (the beta might too). I'm running Chrome Canary (15) and it's disabled for security reasons. I just open it up in Chrome 12.
Activity: 140
August 06, 2011, 03:55:51 AM
Hmm...

I wanted to try the site, but apparently firefox 4 and 5 have websockets disabled because it could be a security threat.

Get Chrome

From what I've read so far, it's not the browser that's the problem...it's the protocol.  Or rather it's how 'transparent proxies' are vulnerable to cache exploits that don't handle the protocol properly.

I can edit my firefox config and enable it, but more research is needed before I will.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
August 06, 2011, 02:38:33 AM
Hmm...

I wanted to try the site, but apparently firefox 4 and 5 have websockets disabled because it could be a security threat.

Get Chrome
Activity: 140
August 06, 2011, 02:16:07 AM
Hmm...

http://hacks.mozilla.org/2010/12/websockets-disabled-in-firefox-4/

I'm sure the site is safe, but I don't really understand the websockets technology enough yet, so me thinks I will keep it disabled for now.

Activity: 408
Merit: 261
August 05, 2011, 11:18:42 PM
And by 'site down,' do you mean that
  • My website failed to load?
  • Or the WebSocket would never connect to give any data?

It would be nice to have the details so I know if there's anything I can do about the problem.

It looks fine to me at this point though. I'm glad to see people finding these tools useful  Smiley

I saw that it was down last night as well.  The entire clarkmoody.com domain wasn't responding for a few hours.  Mt.Gox's websocket feed actually goes down quite often, but this was the first time I'd seen your entire site down.

Clark, your Real Time Order Book page is just awesome (as are your other Bitcoin pages).  I tried to program something like that myself a few months ago and couldn't come close.  Your page is exactly what I was trying to achieve and I failed miserably.  If I were Mr. Gox I would offer you a job.

Your work is definitely deserving of a donation because now I cannot do a trade without it.  When I'm not feeling so Bitcoin poor I will certainly send you something.
legendary
August 05, 2011, 11:09:21 AM
Well the site came back up about 30 mins after I posted. From memory it was a time-out (page not found) error.
So much code.
August 05, 2011, 11:01:18 AM
And by 'site down,' do you mean that
  • My website failed to load?
  • Or the WebSocket would never connect to give any data?

It would be nice to have the details so I know if there's anything I can do about the problem.

It looks fine to me at this point though. I'm glad to see people finding these tools useful  Smiley
legendary
August 05, 2011, 04:59:40 AM
site's down Sad
vip
Activity: 608
-
July 31, 2011, 01:02:41 PM
I'd suggest ignoring depth updates for currency != USD for now, as it messes up the view Smiley
legendary
July 30, 2011, 03:54:29 PM
Yup
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
July 23, 2011, 06:57:08 PM
Is the site down?
Dom
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
July 15, 2011, 12:44:35 AM
Hi Clark, I just wanted to say the recent improvements to Order Book are quite nice. Thanks for your effort. I'll throw some bitchange your way on my next miner dump.
vip
Activity: 608
-
July 11, 2011, 06:28:38 PM
I like those ideas.

I'm thinking that it might be nice to simply add your MtGox trade api token and subscribe to your particular order feed on the WebSocket. Then it would be very easy to highlight events related to your orders (though there would be no persistence between sessions).

As a side note, I am currently working on a far more sophisticated real time quotes system that everyone will enjoy. Please stay tuned for developments.

In the mean time I will probably launch a side-by-side order book and time & sales so you can close the console altogether.

If you need details on the future API and have preferences/requests on the way we push data on the stream, please contact me at [email protected] !
Activity: 125
July 11, 2011, 01:25:36 PM

nice!

When I looked at the site, I thought I'm seeing my own python app.

very similar display of depth data.

One differency strikes me, though: you're ordering the asks the other way around than me.

I think having the lowest ask at the bottom makes sense: You have the bids coming down on the left and the asks going back up on the right. So it's shaped like a "U" with the lowest point of the U being where the action is.

So by looking at the last line, you can already tell what the lowest ask and highest bids are. With your ordering, I have to look at the last and the first line.. confuses the hell out of me. While that's probably because I'm used to my own ordering, I would still like to suggest you think about this and maybe change it.

Thanks for your work, Clark, it's really pretty cool.

This is looking good, the way it should be.

Offers on right, bids on left - Highest bid should be on top, lowest offer on top as well, just like a stock......add the TOS and we'll be off to the races.....

Keep up the great work!

DKN
So much code.
July 11, 2011, 11:36:48 AM
I like those ideas.

I'm thinking that it might be nice to simply add your MtGox trade api token and subscribe to your particular order feed on the WebSocket. Then it would be very easy to highlight events related to your orders (though there would be no persistence between sessions).

As a side note, I am currently working on a far more sophisticated real time quotes system that everyone will enjoy. Please stay tuned for developments.

In the mean time I will probably launch a side-by-side order book and time & sales so you can close the console altogether.
Pages:
Jump to: