Pages:
Author

Topic: Real world side gigs for sats. - page 2. (Read 297 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
December 12, 2023, 12:08:21 AM
If you were to receive through Cash App or Venmo anyway, I'd seriously just accept your typical fiat payments and use that fiat to buy some sats. I know it's not accepting sats directly, but you get what you want in the end anyway.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
December 11, 2023, 10:16:21 PM
I'd like to see some input on how you might would go about this in your area? My thoughts are to offer a special and then offer a better discount if paid with crypto. Odds are they will be paying via cashapp or Venmo anyways , why not take advantage of that?
Stuff like this is impossible in my area since crypto is banned as a form of payment. But even if it was not, it is also difficult since crypto is yet to be a mainstream alternative for payment. Assuming everything is ideal, I guess you can offer them some loyalty points too? The rewards depend on how your business is doing. It is kinda hard to encourage people to use Bitcoin or crypto for works like that imo.

I believe it is easier if you just set up a payment gateway that accepts fiat and buys crypto for you periodically. Even if they use apps that support crypto, the majority of the customers probably only use them for services like online marketplace, VPN, etc.
Activity: 756
Merit: 179
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
December 11, 2023, 05:33:50 PM
The idea overall sounds good. If you can get some extra staoshis from your skills, then why not? I'd recommend the same for anyone else. I'm thinking and planning some ideas too, except in the online realm. Education, mainly.

In tie with your skills, add data recovery, if you specialize in this. This usually has consistent demand, afaik.

I'd like to see some input on how you might would go about this in your area? My thoughts are to offer a special and then offer a better

discount if paid with crypto. Odds are they will be paying via cashapp or Venmo anyways , why not take advantage of that?
How much better discounts are you planning to offer in comparison to your special offers? If it's just a few bucks, it probably wouldn't work [even if they don't have to pay any TX fees].

- I'm not sure if you were planning to offer some kind of warranty for your repairs or not, but perhaps you can offer it for those who pay with Bitcoin.
- You can also offer free quarterly maintenance for such customers.

This was the first thing that came to mind as well. If the services are <$100 you might be better off taking an alt and swapping periodically. Fees would be a disincentive for you, and maybe buyers as well. The higher the cost, the less disincentive there will be.
If you are so good with repairs, I believe you could also be good at offering some web skills like data analysis, data recovery, formatting and some web design skills in addition to maintenance.
I don't know how profitable it might be accepting BTC as payments, but if you are in for the growth and as an investment strategy, it is worth a try.

Also is the case about your government regulations about cryptocurrencies, hope it won't be a problem?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036
6.25 ---> 3.125
December 11, 2023, 04:46:41 PM
The idea overall sounds good. If you can get some extra staoshis from your skills, then why not? I'd recommend the same for anyone else. I'm thinking and planning some ideas too, except in the online realm. Education, mainly.

In tie with your skills, add data recovery, if you specialize in this. This usually has consistent demand, afaik.

I'd like to see some input on how you might would go about this in your area? My thoughts are to offer a special and then offer a better

discount if paid with crypto. Odds are they will be paying via cashapp or Venmo anyways , why not take advantage of that?
How much better discounts are you planning to offer in comparison to your special offers? If it's just a few bucks, it probably wouldn't work [even if they don't have to pay any TX fees].

- I'm not sure if you were planning to offer some kind of warranty for your repairs or not, but perhaps you can offer it for those who pay with Bitcoin.

This was the first thing that came to mind as well. If the services are <$100 you might be better off taking an alt and swapping periodically. Fees would be a disincentive for you, and maybe buyers as well. The higher the cost, the less disincentive there will be.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 11, 2023, 07:42:17 AM

Activity: 1423
Merit: 504
December 05, 2023, 09:39:28 AM
I'm looking to do some side hustling for BTC and was going to experiment with some small concepts to see how they go.

These are going to be time based labor services such as rebuilding carbonators or computer/console repair.

I'm looking to stack some sats utilizing ideas like this over the holidays if you guys would like to contribute and ideas to be tested in this

endeavor please drop it here and I'll try to utilize or implement your idea into this venture.
Pages:
Jump to: