Pages:
Author

Topic: Real world use of BTC - page 3. (Read 1988 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
February 07, 2015, 06:53:22 PM
Personally I have never seen real life usage of BTC, only histories of people using it.

I saw a guy buying some coffee and a diary in NYC from a shop that had a small mark that said "bitcoin is accepted here". Cute.
legendary
Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001
February 07, 2015, 06:14:01 PM
I think Bitcoin is the best solution for international money transfers and online shopping. I don't find it useful for grocery shop or go buying beer in a market. If I want to buy something from Aliexpress/eBay etc. I prefer to pay with Bitcoin though.
Activity: 672
Merit: 502
February 07, 2015, 06:10:16 PM
I think the core problem currently is that most employers dont know the vast advantages of payment to employees with bitcoin.
We currently have an information problem. The current media isnt interested in reporting stories on BTC for various reasons, and the few times that they do have a story its usually negative in nature.

This will all change with time IMHO, i just wish the change will happen sooner rather than later...

I personally dont think its too far fetched to have great deal amount of people being paid, at least a portion of their salaries in crypto in the near future.
You are assuming the employees would like to be paid in bitcoin. Probably they find it odd to be paid in a currency thats so volatile and it's not attractive for them so they'd rather get paid with fiat.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
February 07, 2015, 04:59:41 PM
There is real world use of bitcoin if you live in the US. Most large merchants accepting bitcoin if you live in the US. Users like us from the "rest of the world" can only buy gift cards with bitcoins and spend them as fiat. There is nearly no highstreet shops which accepts bitcoin. I hope this will change very soon.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
February 07, 2015, 03:21:38 PM
Does anyone make a living using bitcoin as their main transactional currency for normal trading in services/goods? (Not exchanges and not gambling.) I find the the fact it is naturally international very attractive as a means of exchange, but find some of the claims a bit wild which puts me off.

I got to an early prototyping/alpha stage last year with a project and it failed to go anywhere. (I learned a lot, and got a new job in development, so not a waste of time).

I was wondering whether to put any more time into it.

The beauty of an investment like Bitcoin is that you can invest and not put any more time in it than needed to store safely your bitcoins.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
February 07, 2015, 02:53:38 PM
I think the core problem currently is that most employers dont know the vast advantages of payment to employees with bitcoin.
We currently have an information problem. The current media isnt interested in reporting stories on BTC for various reasons, and the few times that they do have a story its usually negative in nature.

This will all change with time IMHO, i just wish the change will happen sooner rather than later...

I personally dont think its too far fetched to have great deal amount of people being paid, at least a portion of their salaries in crypto in the near future.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1004
February 07, 2015, 02:49:14 PM
Personally I have never seen real life usage of BTC, only histories of people using it.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
February 07, 2015, 02:04:41 PM
Does anyone make a living using bitcoin as their main transactional currency for normal trading in services/goods? (Not exchanges and not gambling.) I find the the fact it is naturally international very attractive as a means of exchange, but find some of the claims a bit wild which puts me off.

I got to an early prototyping/alpha stage last year with a project and it failed to go anywhere. (I learned a lot, and got a new job in development, so not a waste of time).

Well a lot of people did sign up for services like bitwage and are paid in bitcoin.So its definitely expanding.
The use also depends on what part of the world you are based in.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
February 07, 2015, 02:02:16 PM

Pages:
Jump to: