Pages:
Author

Topic: really stupid questions - page 2. (Read 1617 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
March 06, 2015, 01:11:52 AM
... Although I've been told there are no stupid questions. I'll let y'all be the judge Smiley

I am so new to bitcoins I am reading a book called "Bitcoins for  the Befuddled"! I have looked around the internet, I've set up Electrum on my computer which seems to have generated several bitcoin addresses for me. I've played around on some of the .4 bit free bitcoin sites. I've read a little about mining - probably just enough to be dangerous...

My questions are (and I apologize if this is already covered, but after four pages of the Beginner & Help forum, I didn't see them answered already):

1) What exactly is a "faucet" site?
2) What is a "signature campaign"? I've seen those mentioned here as ways of earning bitcoins, and I've seen campaign pages, but nothing really explaining what they are are what to do with them.
3) Is mining worth the trouble/expense? I have read that solo mining is a waste of time, and that pool mining is the only way to be "successful," but for pool mining, does one need to invest in high dollar mining equipment? Is there any use at all for the little USB ASIC(?) miners?

I guess that's good for starters Smiley Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: