Pages:
Author

Topic: REBTECH 8 GPU All-in-One Mining motherboard - page 2. (Read 639 times)

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138
Yea, but i would like to have a monitor connected, so there is no words from rebtech about a new bios?

Just SSH into it...no reason for a monitor.  None of my rigs have monitors.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
well this is was nice m.2 ssd with sodim ram + integrated cpu and small form factor same size as gpu, nice usb port riser, pretty convinience, saving lot of space

where do you buy this thing? how much?

https://shop.rebtech.ai/product/mother_board/
It costs $145+$30 DHL shipping.

Also, when I did a search they had these kind of boards since 2015. Maybe the mining boom didn't pick it up in 2017.  The APU is old.

189+50$ now
Activity: 510
Merit: 31
CryptoDude
Yea, but i would like to have a monitor connected, so there is no words from rebtech about a new bios?
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
anyone know if there will be a bios update, so we can use nvidia?

we can use Nvidia in headless configuration. System will boot unless you've connected a display cable to the board.
I used it on a mix of AMD and Nvidia card. RTX 3000 series.
Activity: 510
Merit: 31
CryptoDude
anyone know if there will be a bios update, so we can use nvidia?
well this is was nice m.2 ssd with sodim ram + integrated cpu and small form factor same size as gpu, nice usb port riser, pretty convinience, saving lot of space

https://shop.rebtech.ai/product/mother_board/
It costs $145+$30 DHL shipping.

Also, when I did a search they had these kind of boards since 2015. Maybe the mining boom didn't pick it up in 2017.  The APU is old.
Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

Just google Rebtech.  They have been around long time and have always interesting stuff.  Ive got a couple of these and work great. 
legendary
Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

This review is for the All in One motherboard, cpu, ram combo with a dual slot PCIE card footprint.
Introducing REBTECH 8GPU-MB powered by an AMD A6-8500

Full Specs:
CPU/APU               : AMD A6-8500P FP4 SOC , Radeon R5 Embedded Graphics 15W TDP , 1.6Ghz , 1MB L2 Cache , 4 Cores
Memory                : 4GB SO-DIMM DDR3
Storage support     : mSATA SSD, USB Flash Memory stick can be used
Expansion slots      : 8 x PCIex via USB3.0 Connectors
Networking            : LAN RJ45 10/100/1000 Controller
Video cards            : AMD & Nvidia**
Video out               : HDMI 1.4
External I/O           : 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0
Power                    : 12V 6-PIN pcie

Dimensions       L: 250mm, W: 40mm, H: 100mm
OS Support       Windows® 7 32/64 bit , Windows® 8.1 64 bit, Windows® 10 64 bit , Linux, SimpleMining, HiveOS, ethOS, mmpOS
Warranty               30 days

**nVidia video cards will only work without video output from the MB.
Mining RIG output can be seen only via SSH or from simplemining/hiveOS app.

I got this board primarily due to the form factor and low TDP value (~15W or lower)

Additionally, there is no need for pcie 1x to USB adapters.
It eliminates the need for ATX psus if all your GPUs are powered through server PSU.
Could provide better airflow and cable management especially if you've put the GPUs on a wire-shelf.
Costs the same as traditional motherboard, ram, cpu combo these days.

My testing was done on MMPOS (flashed on to a USB drive) which booted just fine out of box.
I did my Nvidia cards with display output both from video card and onboard HDMI slot. Neither method worked.

So the trick is to setup whatever BIOS parameters you'd need to utilize prior to installing any Nvidia cards
In my case there was nothing that I had to change in BIOS. I just plugged 7 AMD gpus. Verified display out from onboard HDMI port.
Turned off the system. Plugged in the Nvidia card and MMPOS just booted up fine. I SSH'd into the machine and was able to mine/configure just fine.

Conclusion
In these times when the prices of PC components are exorbitant, this board is definitely worth it. The only con I see is
the warranty of 30 days in comparison to mainstream desktop parts.
Pages:
Jump to: